SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Hi all

656 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mikecoder3 
#1 ·
To introduce myself, I'm 26, new to sailing but not quite so new to the ocean and shipboard life. I spent eight years in the Navy and got out to go to school and am finding that I miss the water and the nomadic lifestyle. I haven't purchased a boat yet, and I still need to learn how to sail. I'm hoping to learn a few things while I'm here, and am trying to liveaboard by September when my lease is up.

If anyone has any info on doing that in southern Connecticut (where it seems to be really hard to find a marina that allows liveaboards) I'd be very grateful!

#3 ·
Hello Walt,A warm welcome to SailNet. Happy to have another sailor aboard! when you learn your way around here you'll find some very interesting threads that will be very helpful to you. And don't forget to stop by Gen. chat. And meet people that have the same dreams and aspirations that you do. Jump right in and get your post count up so you can send and receive private messages. Add some pictures to your albums....... CaptG

#4 ·
Welcome Walt,

Hope you find the live aboard you are searching for. Here in Southern Florida their are many owners who do live aboard and the Marina's here are really very nice.

Hope you have the opportunity to buy a vessel in your near future. Once this life is in your blood it is hard to avoid the inevitable. With your Navy background once you own your own boat you will enjoy a familiar space.

:0)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.