Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bljones

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013

CanadianDave is on a distinguished road
Hello from Nova Scotia

hello everyone,

its been a year and half or two since I've stopped by and posted.

had a bit of a mental health problem with stress and depression after my daughter stole my car and wrote it off without any insurance or license. the car was only 2 years old and still had a large lean from the bank and no insurance coverage put me behind in my plans of boat ownership. I recently was diagnosed with Meniere's disease and I know that the effect of vertigo and dizziness is going to be a concern when sailing but its in its early stages and only occurs 2-3 times a month for a couple hours, some times only minutes. I figure its time to get my act together and get on the water and enjoy it now before I'm unable to in the distant future.

But as time has progressed this have gotten better and hoping that by this time next year I will be in the position to buy a older boat. I've been looking at everything from a 25 to 27 ft boat, starting to research some of the boats now and spend some time on board and checking out the ones for sale now. explaining to the owners my plans for purchase next year and almost all of them have been great showing around their boats and talking about concerns and suggestions even though they know I'm not in the position of buying their boat. Had a few offer to take my wife and I sailing this summer as well, met some new friends this way too.

but anyway, wanted to say hello. and looking forward to dropping in more often and checking out everyone's posts and stories and learning some more along the way.

Dave
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-2013

Lake Superior Sailor is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello from Nova Scotia

Welcome aboard.....If you can't get a board get a plank! Nice to hear from you, get some sail time in any way you can it will help you with choices...Dale
Where God got it done!
Old 02-09-2013

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about

Hang in there man- none of us gets out of here alive, and you're never gonna survive unless you get a little crazy.
CanadianDave likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-11-2013
1977 Island Trader Ketch

mikecoder3 is on a distinguished road

Welcome !!!!!

I do hope you find a vessel worthy of you and that your plans work out for what is best for you. Hope your Medical conditions will cooperate with the waves and that any sea sickness is brief. Good luck with your search for a boat !!!!! Share some pictures when you end up with your purchase !!!!!
Old 02-11-2013
Tundra Down

downeast450 is on a distinguished road

Welcome CD,

Where in Nova Scotia are you? I have been sailing out of Eastport since the mid 70s and am a bit farther west now.

Keep smiling!

Down
Old 02-13-2013
Learning a bit every day

FinallySailing is on a distinguished road

Welcome Dave !

It takes a lot to be so open about one's problems. You are a very brave man. I've learned that sailing is the best way to learn to grasp control over one's own life by learning to control boat, winds and currents. Hang in there, you will find a suitable boat and I am sure you will have a great time. You can have fun on a boat on a budget.
My wife stems from the maritimes, I have great memories of Nova Scotia. Both of people, land and water. Wish I could spend more time over there ! Keep us posted on your adventures !

Immo