SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  larry kerr 
#1 ·
AHOY!

(that was too easy)

Howdy,

Well, here I am. This place just got a little better now that I'm here; Fresh meat! Now you can make fun of me for my ignorance about sailing terms and not knowing much about sailboats. I pick things up quickly, and I am skilled and knowledgeable about tools and what to do with them. I have a big project ahead.

I hope to find some support for my cruising trip coming up, and guidance with repairs and readying the boat.

From what I've read it looks like Im in the right place.

Jerry

#8 ·
AHOY! (that was too easy) Howdy,

Well, here I am. This place just got a little better now that I'm here; Fresh meat! Now you can make fun of me for my ignorance about sailing terms and not knowing much about sailboats. I pick things up quickly, and I am skilled and knowledgeable about tools and what to do with them. I have a big project ahead.

I hope to find some support for my cruising trip coming up, and guidance with repairs and readying the boat.

From what I've read it looks like Im in the right place. Jerry
Welcome - anybody who takes up sailing in New Mexico can't be all bad - lot's of determination certainly. :D

You are talking about water type sailboats and not land sailors aren't you? ;)

#9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! I didn't expect so many responses, let alone before noon. Are you guys unemployed too?

The boat is a Pacific Seacraft 25, circa 1978. She is sturdy double-ender.

I will post something elsewhere to share the story about our journey being planned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.