SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   New Member-And I need a boat (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/96685-new-member-i-need-boat.html)

captaintim1 02-16-2013 05:08 AM

New Member-And I need a boat

Just saying Hello. I'm a new member to the community and just saying hi. That being said, I'm also ready...finally...after a lot of hard work and a few years gone by....ready to buy my boat. So if anyone knows of something available in the 30'-34' range...let me know.

jasenj1 02-16-2013 07:48 AM

Re: New Member-And I need a boat

Sailboatlistings.com is a good place to start. You can filter by length, price, age, location, and more.

chuck53 02-16-2013 07:51 AM

OK, first of all, there are tons of boats available. Check Yachtworld.com, boattraderonline.com, sailboat listings.com and others.

A few questions...
Location? Where are you and how far are willing to go to get a boat? Do you want to sail small rivers or lakes or do you need something capable of crossing oceans? Type of sailboat wanted? Do you want a pure racer, floating condo or some combination of the two? Need something for occasional overnighting or weeks at a time? How many people will typically be on board?
Budget? $20,000 or $200,000?

captaintim1 02-16-2013 10:53 AM

Wow I actually got some replies. Very cool. I'm sure in the coming months I will have a lot of questions while I'm getting ready so I sure appreciate it. I've been looking at all those sites for about 5 years now. Just haven't been in the position to buy until now. I'm looking for a boat for 1, just me. Something small as I'm not into fancy equipment nor do I need tons of room. I've only sailed a 25' C & C which I lived on for about 3 months. I would like a bit more room that that, but I'm a very simple person. I'm not sure what the plans are, but in a couple months when I find one and move aboard, I don't have any time restraints, so I would like to hit the East Indies for a while, 6 months, a year...not sure, and then decide if I want to head west.

I do have my eye on a few boats, such as the Island Packet 31, Westsail 32, Contessa 32, Cape Dory 30 cutter, and the Niagara 31. If anyone has any input on any of these or have sailed any of these I would appreciate any information. I have been looking at older boats because I just really want a solid rig and proven track record. That's my story. Thanks for the help.

deenphillips@google.com 07-19-2013 11:57 AM

We have a 2002 34 foot Carver aft cabin motor yacht for sale in Alexandria, VA. You can look it up on YachtWorld or Shady Oaks Marina and Yacht Sales.

chuck53 07-19-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deenphillips@google.com (Post 1061762)
We have a 2002 34 foot Carver aft cabin motor yacht for sale in Alexandria, VA. You can look it up on YachtWorld or Shady Oaks Marina and Yacht Sales.

You do know this is a sailboat forum don't you?

captaintim1 07-19-2013 12:59 PM

Thanks but I purchased an Island Packet recently and it's currently on the hard getting some work done on the bottom.