SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Hello from Nova Scotia

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  tfliveright 
#1 ·
Just a quick Hello to everyone. We are Todd and Robin and have just purchased a C&C 33. We are naming the boat "Knee Deep" after the song by Zac Brown and Jimmy Buffett.

We are Cruisers and look forward to spending cruising time on the water from Nova Scotia to the Key's and beyond.

Please feel free to say Hello!

T&R :)

#6 ·
Welcome. When you pass through Maine heading South unless you are offshore lookout for the 27 bazillion lobster pots. If you are coming down the coast stop at Roque Island and if you can stop in Belfast also. Enjoy , I'll be heading South this fall also.

#7 ·
Visited NS for the first time last summer... beautiful. If only it had as good a cruising grounds as BC and didn't have those winters!! LOVE your real estate prices!!

Welcome to Sailnet and best of luck with your cruising plans.

#9 ·
Ah ... memories of Nova Scotia. That's where I really got to love Canada when my wife took me around to see the best parts of the Maritimes (she's from NB). Whale watching off Antigonish, waking up to breakfast with waffles with cream and strawberries, Cape Breton, the Cabot trail ... what a glorious part of the world !!!

#10 ·
Wow! Thanks so much everyone for the welcome. If anyone is heading this way please look us up. Love to share sailing stories over a bottle or two. And it is always possible that the guitars come out and the boat party starts....lol.

#11 ·
Hello although 9 years since your post. Hope you guys had a successful run from Nova Scotia. Assuming you receive this, I would love to learn about the trip as I am strongly considering buying a boat in NS and cruising down to New Jersey. What resources did you use? Charts? Cruising guides? Etc.? Thanks in advance! Tim L

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.