SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

New Irwin Owner (HELP!)

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone, My names Bill. I just bought my first big sailboat. (Irwin31) I've always had smaller sailboats. Started on Sunfish, Got a Hobie Cat 16, and of course went out with others as much as I could. I first sailed an Irwin about 20 years ago, It was a 36 footer. I sailed her around from Ft.Myers to West Palm Beach, Fl., Where I live. Anyway enough about all that stuff, I could go on rambling forever. I just wanted to say I've found the reading here most interesting and helpful, so thanks to you all! My question is i though I Had an Atomic 4 in my boat, but upon further inspection I've found the words Grey Marine Co. on the motor. The boat is 1965, And the motor is a 4 cyl. gas (Not Running) of course vertical draft. But the good news is she sails GREAT!! I'll have some pics soon. Can anyone tell me if I can get parts for the motor, Yesterday I turned Her over by hand and I just know she'll run, if iI can get some parts. looks like I'll need a points, cap, plugs, plugs, wires, maybe a starter and alternater. Hey the Oil looks good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.