Irwin 32.5 (finally) - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Irwin 32.5 (finally)

I bought this lady 3 months ago. She is registered in FL as a "home built" (by registration plate on her stern) but clearly an Irwin 32.5. In emails from the PO to Gene Gammon (Irwin Yachts), Gene confirms that it is an Irwin and suggests that someone way back when bought her as a salvage and refit her. I had an extensive survey done prior to purchase and the immediate PO provided his pre-purchase survey as well as all other documentation available. Her interior layout is in the model of Irwin 37 CC's. As you can see from the photos she also has a homemade bow sprit/pulpit (ss frame, teak deck, actually very well made), and those funny (some say ugly, but I like 'em) bow ports as well as many port lights around. Improvements since purchase include new ss custom backing plates for the bow sprit/pulpit frame, new steering cables, bilge pumps, batteries (two house, one cranking), and cockpit enclosure. Upcoming improvements include new interior deck, replace all port light lenses and gaskets (they leak and fortunately the frames do not) and eventually do something about the hull paint (all that white is boring). All that being said is in hopes of encouraging any other 32.5 owners to chime in with their experiences, suggestions, complaints, snarky remarks (I have a great sense of humor), etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Boat 1.jpg   IMG_20161111_134934655.jpg  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Re: Irwin 32.5 (finally)

Good looking boat. Congratulations! I love all those ports (provided they don't leak).

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Plato
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.