Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Island Packet
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2008

jmenendez is on a distinguished road
IP 31 Alcohol to Propane conversion

I am about to make a decision on the purchase of an IP31, but would like the assistance of this list to get some information.
What is the approximate cost of converting the galley to propane from alcohol?
Where do you place the propane tank?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Julio
Robbinsville, NJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 04-12-2008

badsanta is on a distinguished road
propane

Hi, I have an IP31. It came with propane. The tanks 2- 10 lbs are in the small hatch on the left side cockpit seat, I think it may be used as an out side icebox. the hose comes out under the ice box undre the stove. I dont know the cost but figure a new stove $1,500 2 tanks $300 regalator $150 electric cut off and gas detector $300, hose parts and extra stuff $$ two cases of beer a couple of friends, a cool day or two. I have not done it, but it looks streight forward. Hardest would be running hoses.

After you get the boat, regester it with island packet. They will get you an owners manual if you dont have one.
Join the IP31 owners group. Jon Bickel has a news letter. Owners have made lots of upgreads and have photos and suggestions. I have used it alot. Most has been figured out already, so you can just pick your project with out to much thought. You can post any problems here or at the IP site and get lots of help. I really like my boat.

If you have not gotten it yet, pay atention to all the tanks. depending on the year thay have problems. When I got mine it had already replaced the fuel tank. I had to replace the holding tank and water tank. Also thru hull valves I replaced as two were real stiff and one, the head dischargewould not turn and was frozen OPEN. But All in all a great boat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.