SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

New Indigo Prop for Islander 30

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CalebD 
#1 ·
I just install an Indigo 3 blade prop on my Islander 30 Mk II which has the Palmer P60 engine. The new prop replaces an old folding prop. What a difference it made. The boat can actually back up now under complete control. I don't have a tach but I can tell by the sound of the engine about where I am in the power curve. I have more speed and a lot less vibration. The people at Indigo were most helpful and I am truly satisfied with their prop. I thought I would pass this along in case someone was considering an Indigo.

#4 ·
I recently came into possession of an I-30. The Indigo website (atomic4.com) just references a prop they developed for the I-28 but then they list a bunch of boats of varying sizes and makes that they say use their props. Is it the same one or do they have others to chose from? I'll be calling them as well but just wondering if anyone has experience with them otherwise.

#5 ·
Indigo electronics has been around long enough to have a very good reputation as an outfit to deal with. They sell some kits for engines like the Atomic 4 or P60 as well as their famous 3 blade prop. It is a pretty small operation so you are likely to get good service from them, by phone or however.
The prop has been successfully used on a fairly long list of boats in the +/- 30' range.

disclaimer: I don't work for them nor is there an indigo prop on my boat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.