Water Damage on main bulkhead - SailNet Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By christian.hess

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-23-2014 Thread Starter

Question Water Damage on main bulkhead

Hello,

I am thinking of buying an Islander 30 Bahama that has water damage on the port bulkhead at the chainplate. The chainplate has been replaced by a yard and they mentioned that it was structurally sound, however the bulkhead doesn't look great with some ply's are missing in this area. Question: Can this damage be repaired without replacing the bulkhead?

What would you advice?

Sorry it is not a great picture
Attached Thumbnails
bulkhead damage.jpg  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-24-2014

Re: Water Damage on main bulkhead

yes you can...however it depends on overall ingtegrity, for example if your tabbing is bad or non existant on the rest of the bulkhead your are in essence just waiting for the rest to pull

some bulkheads can be scarfed and refit without taking the whole bulkhead off, tabbing and trim pieces

if your interested id be happy to send you pics of my bulkhead refit on my islander 36

cheers
Faster likes this.

Merit 25 sold...Islander 36 still afloat? who knows...Im still in Columbus, and back...I think...jajajaja!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-28-2014 Thread Starter

Smile Re: Water Damage on main bulkhead

Sure some pictures would be great. Thanks! I am waiting for a survey to find out more about the bulkhead.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-28-2014

Re: Water Damage on main bulkhead

Islander 36 projects in paradise!!!!!

good luck!

Merit 25 sold...Islander 36 still afloat? who knows...Im still in Columbus, and back...I think...jajajaja!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.