SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

islander 28 owners manual

6K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  bar1 
#1 ·
I just bought an Islander 28 and would like to find an owners manual. thanks

#2 · (Edited)
There's no such thing, really; there's a lot of variation from boat to boat, plus at least two major revisions of the interiors. What's your hull number and year? I own hull #256, an early 1978 boat.

Roughly speaking, up through #300 are (mostly) teak and holly sole boats with a U-shaped galley. Above that they go to a plain plywood sole and carpet. Somewhere in 1982 they switched the galley layout to an L-shape (and numerous other details, but that's the big one).

Islander 28.com is a pretty good resource. Bob Perry's Yacht Design book also has some background information if you're interested, plus there's an old Good Old Boat review of the Islander 28.

What sort of information are you looking for?

#3 ·
I have one

Hi Bar1,

I have a manual for my 78 Islander which I scanned into my PC over the weekend. It's 4.5 MB in size and is in PDF format so you will need Adobe Reader in order to view it. I tried attaching to this note but I'm limited to what I can attach. If you want to send me your e-mail address, I'll send it your way.

Thanks,

Fodder

P.S. I included the cover page at least!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.