SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

New Islander Web Site

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  IslanderSailboatInfo 
#1 ·
Be aware that a new website has been established for Islander owners. Please see Islander Sailboats

Remember that it's new and the content will fill with time. We're based out of the Vancouver/Vancouver Island area of British Columbia. See the web site for more details.

#2 ·
Meh. I came, I saw, I shrugged and left.

What purpose does your site serve? What missing niche does it fill? We could use a new repository of detailed technical information... but your site doesn't look to do that. Do we need another forum? No. Do we need a new mailing list? Maybe, but yours is overly difficult to join.

You need to know what you're doing to create a new site. Not in a technical web / HTML / programming sense - though that helps a lot - but in a "what am I doing with this site" sense. It does not appear that you have that.

#4 ·
Meh. I came, I saw, I shrugged and left.

What purpose does your site serve? What missing niche does it fill? We could use a new repository of detailed technical information... but your site doesn't look to do that. Do we need another forum? No. Do we need a new mailing list? Maybe, but yours is overly difficult to join.

You need to know what you're doing to create a new site. Not in a technical web / HTML / programming sense - though that helps a lot - but in a "what am I doing with this site" sense. It does not appear that you have that.
No one is forcing you to join. Than you for your helpful insight. Stay with Sailnet.

#6 ·
Hi Bert,

We haven't met but I'm on the local meetup.com group and am going sailing with Bruce Stott on Sunday in Oak Bay on my new (to me) I21. I noticed that the dot ca site is no longer hosted, so I started Islander Sailboat dot Info to try and gather up the bits from the old dot com and dot ca sites and add a new twist, including my sailboat blog. Third time's a charm? I made a forum for kicks, but I'm not sure that part will take off, I'm a bigger fan of pinterest and meetup.com myself.

Anyways, I got down this SailNet rabbithole while trying to figure out the vertical clearance for my I21 seem like it's greater than 26.5', but I think I may need to add the freeboard on top of that... Got any thoughts on that?

All the best, Bruce

Be aware that a new website has been established for Islander owners. Please see ..Islander Sailboats...

Remember that it's new and the content will fill with time. We're based out of the Vancouver/Vancouver Island area of British Columbia. See the web site for more details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.