Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Islander
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2011

jbrockpiano is on a distinguished road
I Have an Islander 30 Mk11

I have a 1974 vintage that I have been happy with after rebuilding the rigging and replacing the Volvo MD7 with a Yanmar 3ym 20 about five years ago. I am now in need of a new mainsail. Anybody have a source for a new main ?

Islander 30 Mk11 "ODDER" Based in Anacortes WA
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-05-2011
Thisisus

newday27 is on a distinguished road
Exhaust outlet

On our 32 the exhaust is under the starboard side on the transom. Stays out of the water. Never had an issue.
Thisisus
I32 - Mobile AL
Old 07-11-2011

Fodder is on a distinguished road
Just upgraded from a 1978 I28 to a 1978 I32 this year. I certainly confused my Insurance company when I called! My exhaust is also under the starboard side of the transom. One question I have, though. I have two water tanks in my boat although only the starboard tank is on the drawings. Was a second tank under the port berth an option and if so, where the equilization valve? I can't find it yet. She's listing to port now!

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-06-2011

aquamanhf@aim.com is on a distinguished road
I just ought one last week. Areal project boat but the price was good and I have the time..

It is a 1979 xlyf3370m79a. It has a 4 cyl Westerbek. I am told there are 3 models. How do I know if I have a Mark 2 or one of the others. I do know it is shoal draft and thee is a floor to ceiling post at the galley stove.

Also looking for suppliers of parts. Specifically the fwd deck hatch.

I'm also looking to buy a used dodger.

Thanks all,
Harry
Old 11-09-2011

jaycall is on a distinguished road
New I32 MkII owners

Hi, we just bought a 1977 Islander 32, that we have re-named "Gracia." It's our 3d boat (Kettenburg K38, Endeavor 32). We're doing some work on her before her "initial" launching (bottom paint, replacing ball-valves and a couple of thru-hulls, new oversize rigging, mast and spar painting, and having a new mast step installed (the old one literally crumbled to pieces). She has the MD7A Volvo engine, and the exhaust exits from the bottom of the hull just below the point where the reverse transom begins.

I'm sure we'll have lots to do on her (all of her portlights, ports, and hatches are crazed and need replacing), but the price was right, and the one of us who tends to focus on accommodations likes the lay-out.

I have been unable to locate an Islander 32 owner's group -- or one just generally for all Islander owners. If anybody knows of one, we would appreciate hearing about it.

J. Call
Gina White
Altadena, CA
Old 11-10-2011

aquamanhf@aim.com is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Islander user group

I made a previous posting with the same question and it seems even this thread has very few users. I am trying to find out which model I have. It is a 1979 and a tall rig fur sure but I don't know what the difference is between the MK 2 and the other one.

Also looking for parts for the R C Marine main hatch. Rubber is all rotted.

Thanks,

Harry
North Alabama
Old 02-03-2012

seagypsey is on a distinguished road
I have a 1979 Islander 32 MK2 shoal draft tall rig. It was neglected for about 8 years and I am resurrecting it. I would love to find a Islanders user forum and I am looking for a source for engine parts for the westerbeke L25 diesel.

Any ideas? Love to hear from other islanders actively cruising. I am in Northern Alabama right now and will be going down the Tenn Tom to the gulf and bayond this fall (2012)

Harry
Old 02-06-2012

dacap06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dacap06
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagypsey View Post
I have a 1979 Islander 32 MK2 shoal draft tall rig. It was neglected for about 8 years and I am resurrecting it. I would love to find a Islanders user forum and I am looking for a source for engine parts for the westerbeke L25 diesel.

Any ideas? Love to hear from other islanders actively cruising. I am in Northern Alabama right now and will be going down the Tenn Tom to the gulf and bayond this fall (2012)

Harry
Harry,

This Islander forum isn't terribly active but there are a few of us who read it every so often. I don't know of a more active forum for Islanders. If you find one, please share.

It looks like the Marine Diesel Direct Warehouse associated with Torreson Marine has parts for the L25. I ordered from them once a few years ago, but they were a little more expensive.

I've had a lot of good luck with Niemiec Marine up in Mass. They're friendly and very knowledgeable about my engine and its variations. I have always gotten good advice and the right parts from them. I don't know if they carry anything for the L25 -- I can't find that model listed on their web site, but if they don't they might know who does since they're also a full service boatyard that runs into a little bit of everything.

I always do business with Niemiec by calling because they'll ask something important to help them diagnose my problems or figure out which variation is the right one. You can reach them by telephone at (508) 997-1805 during regular business hours. Be sure to have your engine serial number handy when you call.

Good luck!

Tom
Pasadena, MD
Old 02-15-2012

SailXLY_32 is on a distinguished road
hey, Aquamanhf did you figure out what model boat you have!
I am in the process of acquiring an Islander 32 and I am in the same predicament! What model is it! The boat is in the water so I don't even know if she has a 4' draft or a 5.3 draft? the hull # is 358

thanks
Old 04-02-2012

Captn Scotty is on a distinguished road
Re: Islander 32 Mkii

I just bought one too, and am trying to figure out which version it is. There are so many variations for a 1977 32ft. mkII!