Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidney, British Columbia
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 9
The stern through-hulls (all four of them) are still there. Two used for the cockpit drains, the others used for the manual bilge pump and two electric bilge pumps. I'm putting a water separator in the exhaust system so I will be linking that to the manual bilge pump as well.
So today I'm into the 80th hour of sanding the bottom off "Natasha". When I removed the bottom paint (scrapping) to deal with the blisters I found that it was the previous repair that had failed. Someone, somewhere in the past, repaired a bunch of random blisters. Those repairs have been very successful with none of them re-blistering, and no new blisters. However, the barrier coat they put on blistered completely. I suspect the hull wasn't dry enough when the barrier coat was applied. So I have been sanding all remnants of the barrier coat off down to the original gelcoat and, in places, down to the fiberglass. It's been lots of fun so far!