SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Islander (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/islander/)
-   -   I bought a Islander 37 MS on Sat. (20th) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/islander/93379-i-bought-islander-37-ms-sat-20th.html)

HighFly_27 10-22-2012 10:16 PM

I bought a Islander 37 MS on Sat. (20th)

Ref. 1970, Islander 37 MS, Hull No# DO5 27710

*** Does Anyone Have a Owner's Manual for the I-37 ? I searched the boat from top to bottom and nothing. I did find - Raymarine ST4000+ (dated 2002), Shop Manual on Perkins 4-108 - M, installed new eng. in 1989 & routine service work; I have the - Installation Guide for SALT Systems Monitor.

I need the following manual's for:

Velvet Drive AS1-71 C, BW 1.5 : 1; Adler/ Barbour A/C; Battery Pro Marine 1230 {should not be that much info.); The Biggie One is the Owners Manual for the Islander 37, MS, I'd love to
have a reprint of these manuals. I would pay a reasonable price for the missing operator manuals for all the boats (missing) equipment. I always do my own maint. and would love to refer the
owners manuals & part books as well.

These boats are long gone & starting to get fall off the radar due to their age, mine's a 1970 model. So, if you have a manual and would consider getting it copied at -- Staples or Kinko's... I'd pay for your effort's & mailing, just drop me a line.

I've been looking for about 3 weeks for a decent sail boat with enough size to live on & good enough (design wise) to take some rough weather (if I get caught in it).

Today, my 1st look & I've owned power boats before. We all know, My next best day is the day I sell her (good joke & that's about right, ha ha). I spent about 2 hours on the -- I-37, looking everywhere I could .. looking for -- cracks, stains, water, blisters, etc., and found nothing concerning. The yard mgr. spoke well of the boat, he's worked on this boat for the previous owner. He had just changed the oil in the engine & velvet drive. He said, the engine (Perkins 4-108) was just done (compete service) recently. The rudder is damaged but not a big deal to repair. The shaft was is not bent and we turned the rudder thru and it did not look canted. The biggest thing I saw was all the windows have been leaking and need resealed or replaced. Boat has a 4 X 4 inch hole in the top of the stern & not an issue to fix. I saw some spare parts for the engine, spare water pump impeller, lot's of filters & oil. I did not see any books for the Islander (owner manual) boat nor the AC system, etc. .

Electronics are sparse. I see one -- Raymarine ST4000+ and it seems complete. The Knot meter is stuck at 5 knts., perhaps it zeros when power is applied, No VHF Radio, No ant., No GPS and I'm asking for recommendations ___________________ for what to buy (used) ?

I'm looking for older equipment but known to be (nearly) bullet proof and user friendly. I understand a -- 5 watt, VHF hand (water proof) held is a top choice for a 2nd back up radio. What VHF _________ -- is recommended for a boat's primary radio.

After all the necessary items are bought, I may conside a radar. I see them going for (used, complete kits) $ 1,000.00 to $ 2,000.00 and some of them have warranty included.

Forgot, to the mention, after some check out runs _____ (based out of Panama City, FL), I plan on sailing down to Grenada next year & return.

Asking about a good chart system that will not cost a lot $$ from month to month. I realize that some of the Nav. systems come with the manuf. loads & up loads for the different geo. area sectors.

Thanks in Advance,

Avery (HighFly27)