Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Jeanneau
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
hmmmm, are you sure it is complete raw water cooling? Mine has fresh water cooling, but salt for the radiator if that is what is is called per say. I do understand the original sails issue too, as I had them also. BUT, nice thing about a boat with older sails vs newer ones, if the newish ones are say partial battans, and you want full, then you do not have to refit, or buy a new main! Or if they stayed with hanks, you want an RF system.......

Some good and bad to the options obviously, anyway, for me it had been 10G in new sails, main, spin, 110, 155 carbon, in so far, along with a 140 high cut cruising and a 130 reacher coming in the spring. I do some racing, hence the 155 carbon and all of the sails I own etc.

Good luck on choice!

marty
Old 01-01-2009

JensK is on a distinguished road
Smile New member

Hello everybody - and Happy New Year.
I only recently discovered this news group and already found a lot of good discussions here.
I have owned my Attalia for 4 years now and have been very pleased with it - which is luckily also the case for my family.
I have set up a website for our boat - in case anybody is curious. It is unfortunately in Danish - but I am sure you can find your way around.

trud

Best regards
Jens

Last edited by JensK; 10-26-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: New link to homepage
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-01-2009

Trud

Jens,

There is a clickable for folks, assuming I googled correctly. True, you can not post a link/picture or recieve PM's until you have 10 posts. Numerous ways to succeed. IE just make 10 posts counting down, or go to the song tread in off topic......anyway.

Welcome over here to this crazy group. Looks like your registered on the Jeanneau-owners site out of the UK too. Do you post on that forum too? Has a tendincy to be kinda slow at times, other than folks with newer boats.

Marty
Old 01-07-2009

JensK is on a distinguished road
Dear Marty
Thank you for inserting the link.
I discovered that the reason why I could not access the thread again was that I had kept myself logged-in - apparently one has to log out and then log in again between sessions.
Yes, I also registered with the Jeanneau Owners' site - but very litte is going on there - and they do not have a separate sub-sub-forum for Attalia.
Best regards
Jens
31 feet
Old 05-07-2009

jlv7777 is on a distinguished road
Hello, I am back after some time...

I will try to answer based on my experience:
- Hot water: We just bought and almost install a PLastimo 20L water heater system, we have put in the back cokpit in the place over the engine (Easy to connect to the engine, and very easy to pass it to the bathroom. We were going to connect to make the trials but because of a bad diesel fuel our engine sttoped and they are fixing it (About $3.000).

- Water capacity: Our previos owner added two deposits aft, one inside the locker and the other connected to this one in the place where the life rift is suppoused to go. For us now is excesive...

- Fuel capacity, it is not too big the tank, it is not the strongest point, for long navigation periods we carry a 45L deposit aoutside.

- The portlights: the previous owner added some small practical (Two on each side), bathroom, kitchen, cokpit and over chartdesk. It is fantastica, and you can open them to ventilate... VERY GREAT idea.

- Ice box, we had added an electrical system and is fantastic... it seems to be isolated very well...

- 12hp, In my opinion it will a very small engine, we have 18hp, and with big waves and bad conditions it is just limited... in fact we are thinking on changing the propeller...

Hello from Spain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malabo View Post
I am looking a purchasing a mid 80's Attalia and am generally hearing positive things for inside waters (BC, Washington).

Are there any owners out there who can comment on the following:

Adding hot water/creating a reasonable shower (does it have a shower sump?)

Adding water capacity;

Is the fuel capacity a problem?;

The portlights are a bit crazed and seem on the flimsy side. Has anyone experience re-doing these?

Any condensation issues in cooler climates?

The ice box is noted as poorly insulated. Can this be corrected?

The 12 HP diesel is on the light side. Is this an issue?

Thanks for any feedback.

Rob
Old 06-01-2009

windhorze is on a distinguished road
I love my Attalia but need to sell her...see the Classified section if interested...
Old 03-23-2010

BConant is on a distinguished road
Bon Ami

I just bought a 1985 Attalia "Bon Ami" and spent most of last season replacing the wood around the engine whuch was no small chore as it is glassed to the bottom. I finaly got her out around september and sailed a little over 100 miles before it was time to take out for the winter.

So far, I love the boat. very solid and well built. She seems to sail upwind real nicesly, but this is my first cruiser. My only sailing experience prior was on a 14' Butterfly and did some certification sailing on a 42 C&C.

I can hardly wait to get back in the water and looking forward to my first full season (Can't wait to try out hte Asymetrical!) and will be checking this forum regularly.

If anyone has any tips on reparirng a rudder that is delaminating at trailing edge, I would really appreceate it.
Old 03-24-2010

Bconant,

That boat is listed as being in Chicago on the Jeanneau owners forum. Is that the general area you are in? Anyway, if that is you, not sure if the current owner list is correct check at Albatros to Attalia

You might also check around the base site, along with the forum that is affiliated with it. That was a pretty popular boat in the 80s. Altho not that many brought here to the states.

marty
Old 03-24-2010

BConant is on a distinguished road
Yes, that is the general area I am in, however the owner listed on that site must be one of the past owners.

I bought the boat in Chicago and decided to keep the name. Good Friend in French seemed appropriate.

I found that site when I was researching the boats history trying to find out how it made it from France to the Great Lakes. I don't know if that site would allow me to make a change. I had attempted to contact the past owner, but the email listed is no longer valid.

I'm still interested in learning the boats history, however the Albatros to Attalia site is the only one if its kind I found so far. the coast Guard has the boat registered to a different name.
Old 03-25-2010

You can change the owner name on the owners site to you, email malcolm, he updates the site usually the last weekend of the month, sometimes up to the first weekend of the month. If you hunt around that site, or the forum, there is quite a bit of good info. IIRC there are some other sites based elsewhere in Europe in languages other than english. The main Jeanneau builder site has an owners manual and brochure IIRC, they do for my Arcadia.

Most of the mid 80's boats here in N AMerica were shipped here intentionally. Not sure how many Attalia's were made, but 700 hulls were made from my Arcadia, 300 Arcadia's, another 200 or so each, sundream 28's and sunlight 28's. I have the actual numbers elsewhere. This is the research I got from Jeanneau and Malcolm for an upcoming Good old boat article on my boat. I know of about 15 or so Arcadia's here in NA, not sure how many Attalia's made it, but IIRC there were 1200 or so built, so probably a few more on this side of the pond.

Marty

Last edited by blt2ski; 03-25-2010 at 01:09 AM.