Not a Member? 

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2013
Not quite Senior Member

Waymar83 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Waymar83
Re: Jeanneau Attalia

That's what I thought. But the y valve ( on the aft side of the head wall) seems to have some other function. I think it might link up with the manual bilge pump (also on the aft wall). One of the hoses for example ends up in the lowest part of the floor in the head, underneath the floorboard. This y valve can't be linked to the head or the holding tank.

The discharge hose from the Jabsco head seems to go straight out through the aft wall in the head and does not come back.

Oddly, I have the original owners manual and there is not a single diagram that describes any of this.

Waymar - Jeanneau, Attalia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-2013

blt2ski will become famous soon enough

THat does not surprise me. As my boat had NEVER HAD the lines to the tank hooked up. ALways discharged straight over board. Slightly illegal for the last 10-15 yrs before I bought it!

So I had run them myself. Initially ut in a y vlave, got rid of those, straingt to the tank, then another line to the discharge via the manual pump. I have yet to use the manual pump, as I have 2 dump stations at my marina, and at least one at every marina I seem to go to here in Puget sound. Not sure why I even have the overboard part hooked up!

Marty
Old 10-02-2013
Not quite Senior Member

Marty how did you do that? I've always used pump out at the marina and it was a vacuum system where they attach the hose and then it would suck everything out. It was a great marina, all I had to do was open it up and they would do the rest .

Old 10-04-2013

Mark,

Ill be using the vacuum pump tomorrow to empty the boat before a race saturday. As I said, the previous/original owner of the boat, never put hoses into the tank. When you flushed, the head flushed overboard ALL the time. While legal back in 85, not when I bought her in 2005. So I ran lines into the tank, along with one that could pump overboard direct where legal. Eventually, I said screw that option, one never used it! So straight into the tank it goes. Have thought about disconnecting the manual overboard pump, as I will probably never be where I can dump legally overboard. So the vacuum option at various and sundry marina's is really the only option I have.

Marty
Old 10-04-2013
Not quite Senior Member

I too love the vacuum pump out but can't seem to locate one in Barbados...and I don't seem to have any valves or hoses that would indicate ability to pump overboard. Which I did not care about when I was in Canada but now.... It looks like I will have to do some re engineering.

Racing Saturday! Good on you. I can't wait for the racing season to start here. Mango Bowl end of November in St-Lucia..

Old 10-04-2013

Arcadia Headlining Replacement

Mark,

WHile it does not show the pipe routing, here is the article on the jeanneau owners site of my head redo. You can see on the back wall a slightly triangular black part. That is my manual pump to pump the tank overboard. The actual tank is behind this wall in the cockpit locker. Then it becomes a matter of getting the approx 2" hoses from the head to the tank to the pump and overboard. Or fit a Y with in the cabinet, then a pipe to the overboard valve.

Marty
Old 10-11-2013
Not quite Senior Member

i think I figured out what to do. My particular model of Attalia does not have a valve with a thru hull. It ONLY goes into the holding tank and the tank can only be pumped out. I think it was finished for the Great Lakes and not for any offshore work where you can discharge. Rather than haul out and put in a thru hull with a series of valves etc, I'm going to use a an electric diaphragm pump with a 1 1)2 connector to the holding tank deck fitting with some connecting pipe and then, when I'm offshore in clement weather, I,ll hook it up and send it overboard.

Old 10-13-2013

That could be correct. You would need a thru hull to do what I have. If you do not have one, then somethign as you describe would be your only option.

Marty
Old 11-11-2013

idosachs is on a distinguished road

Hi every one,

This is my first time writing on this form,

I would like to introduce myself, I am an owner of Jeanneau Attalia 1986, since 2000 and I absolutely love my boat. Through out the years I have been sailing with my boat (AKA Bettina) through the Mediterranean sea. from Israel to Cyprus, Turkey, Greece, Italy and Spain, my Bettina took anywhere safe and sound.

I am sailing with my Bettina not only for cruising but also for racing and I have more than a dozen trophies achieved over the years.

I would love to share my experiences and to learn from all Jeanneau Attalia Owners out there as a pround owner of this wonderful model

Have a safe sailing
Ido
Old 11-11-2013

JensK is on a distinguished road

Dear Ido
Welcome here. I envy you that you have won trophies - I do a lot of racing but I am always behind.
Best regars
Jens
idosachs likes this.
31 feet

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.