Not a Member? 

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007
Not quite Senior Member

Waymar83 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Waymar83
Well done Marty!

I hope to improve my sailing skills with some racing. I guess that's the best way.

Arglebargle, I did see your boat on yachtworld as well. I noticed it had the heater as well as few other custom pieces. I hear the sailing is beautiful but that the water there remains fairly cold so I guess you won't need the swimming platform! Her is a pic of Waymar at the marina:

I'll let you know about the hot water install. I think the easiest is the one that feeds off the engine cooling system and also plugs into shorepower. I've looked at some other options including some of the gas powered water heaters (like for the RVs) but I think I've settled on that. I also want to clean up my wiring as it is a mess and I would like to install a full set of LEDs mixed with some halogen lighting. I,ve got some links I can post. (I also got great advice from this sailnet..)

Have any of you used the shower in the head? Because we only have cold water, I have not yet showered in the head(waited to get back to the marina or just jumped into the lake). I did ask about improving the plumbing (I asked sailnet!). Got some great answers on that. Bottom line is if you don't wants some smells you can't let shower water go to the bilge. thats just asking for trouble... it has to be pumped seperately, preferably into the existing plumbing... I'll post a few pics. We can share both practical stuff as things break down and need improving as well as some sailing skills. I'm also interested in how you guys have your reefing set up, how your battery bank is installed, what soundproofing you have for the engine, any creative rearranging of cabin or systems, storage solutions...

From my standpoint, I'm still on the hard for another year so I'll not be getting any additional experience, noe will I be able to do any of the projects but I will be doing some research and will post relevant findings here!

I would like to focus on comfort, performance, style, anecdotes and a little humour!

Happy sailing

Waymar - Jeanneau, Attalia
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-14-2007

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
One might look at these hints and tips at the jeanneau-owners website the Jeanneau owners have done to their rigs.

If it has not been done, do not be suprised if the foam backed vinyl headliner will need replacing. THe headliner replacement info is my boat, which is currently getting the last interior redo in the main cabin, ie revarnishing, along with the new cusions back in late June just before the roundezvous.

Race wise at teh roundezvous, IIRC either 8 or 9 boats went out, we finished in front of the DS42 and a SO37, altho it might have been a 35. It seemed a bit bigger than a 35. I was in the middle of a bunch of 35-37's for a bit, then got goofed up on the 3rd bouy rounding, we were using crab pots, I went for a white one a bit farther than the red/yellow one for some reason, lost the crowd I was in, and allowed the other two boats to get in front of me! GRRRRRRR. Got the slow boat real quick, then the DS on the last leg by out tacking her! Every one kept looking back and seeing this little boat, ie us keeping up with everyone. I think one of the most suprised was the J USA pres or equal that was at the event!

The other arcadia skipper, went out on an SF40, kept looking back, wishing he would have been out in his boat, which is full race equiped! He has been in the top 5 out of Vancouver area for ea of the last 5-10 yrs or so. including #1 of ALL the boats in that region! The attalia did not go out, so I do not know how well/fast that one sails. She hails out of Vancouver BC. Next year if I am there, and the other arcadia shows up, we might go out on that one and show up the new boats! hee hee!

Marty
Old 08-16-2007
Not quite Senior Member

Thanks Marty,

I visit the Jeanneau site regularly but find very little (i.e. nothing) for our boats. - mostly the bigger, more recent Jeanneau's.

You are right about the foam-backed vinyl headliner. It is coming off in my boat and will be one of the "must-do's" before it goes back in the water. How may hours of work do you figure?

I have heard of the Rendezvous. I think they have one on the Jeanneau website with photos (if I recall). If I wer on the West Coast, it would be on my calendar!

Anybody actually use the shower in the head?

Old 08-16-2007

LeftyI36 is on a distinguished road
I really like the Jeanneau boats, but for now I just need to know how to pronounce Jeanneau, is it Genoa?
Old 08-16-2007
humble pie rat

CapnHand is on a distinguished road
Rhymes with Jello
Old 08-16-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnHand View Post
Rhymes with Jello
oh thanks, that helps a lot . Like in Jello, Alaska

Last edited by LeftyI36; 08-16-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-17-2007

bottleinamessage is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty funny...
I thought it was pronounced

Jah..no
Old 08-17-2007

davester is on a distinguished road
I was wondering about the pronounciation too... The insurace underwriter I just spoke to pronounced in 'genoa', but mostly I've hear 'juno'. I asked a frenchman about it and he pronounced it more or less like 'juno' but with the soft 'j'. But if the standard pronounciation in the U.S. is 'juno' or 'jenno' or whatever, I think I am going to stick with that because I don't want to sound like I am pretending I speak French.
Waymar looks great. I like the red haylard that matching the cloth.
About the shower... On my boat, I think the faucet was replaced with one that doesn't have a shower head, so we'll need to replace it. It is sealed off from the bilge and has its own pump, so I'll let you know how that setup works. My battery bank looks exactly like yours. I was surprised at how quiet the engine was from inside the cabin-- I think the soundproofing is just the original foam, but I am not sure.
Dave
Old 08-17-2007
Not quite Senior Member

For the pronunciation, I'm with Bottle on this one. As a quebecer, we speak a version of French but at least in the world of sailing it is really the same. And Jeanneau is a French firm (now under Beneteau)

More like Jah-Noh. softer than the G in Genoa with a "NO"...

Dave, I would not mind seeing some pics on the pump setup in the head. Nothing urgent. Just something I'm going to have to do if the admiral is going to be comfortable.

I agree on the soundproofing. Its actually quite good, even after all these years. Has anybody tried the new soundproofing materials? I'm assuming the new products are lighter, thinner and more efficient than the foam we have? any thoughts? experience?

Old 08-17-2007

Oui, oui, I think I got it, "Jah-noh", with an Inspector Cluso accent.