Join Date: Feb 2008
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Hello from Spain...
My name is Jacobo and I am the coowner of a Jeanneau Attalia bought this last summer.
Beacuse it is my forst post (until I made 10) I can not put links or images.. so for tha reason I put the links this way, just copy them to any explorer and you will see the images...
We have bought in Palma de Mallorca, (Nice island in the mediterranean), and we sailed her to Cartagena...
We have a very nice trip... we made 6 knots average... and we were able to see that the boat passed thwaves very well and that tho form of the boat is very nice...
There we took out the mast... (It was easy...) and we crossed by truck to the other corner of Spain (1300Km) to the NOrthWest (Atlantic Ocean) to La Coruña:
The boat was from a fantastic old person that did not have time to sail... it was in very good shape but with some maintenance tasks to be done.
As plus the boat come:
- Electrical fridge (12v) with a connection to the water system to reuse water stuck within.
- 3 batteries.
- Bimini and cover over the main when anchoring.
- 2 50L water tanks (On the cabinet of outside and in the place of lifebag).
- Electrical pumps.
- auxiliar with 2HP.
Also we have done some changes and we planned to do others:
- Lazy bag (We have lazzy jacks).
- Stoppers, we have changed to spinlock (very nice now).
- Plan to put boomkicker.
- Install electrical windlass with remote control.
- Dark water tank (Mandatory by EU).
- two plattforms at hte back (On each side) for going into the water and in the auxiliar.
- Self tacking jib. I sail with 2 small kids 3&4 years, and is very useful, I hade done it in another boat and it is fantastic. I will put a Geona almost 100% to the mast with 3 blades in diagonal in order to stock it with the furler. This way i can tack going upwind just steering...
We are very happy with the boat, it is amazaing the interior and exterior distributio, it is like the new models, at the same time is fantastic the way it was built, the endurance...
We have a 18HP Yanmar, we have to change the start engine...
As you can see we are very happy with her... we sail as often as we can (I live in Madri, Center of Spain).
I will be happy to hear from you...
Here you have som more photos...