Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Jeanneau
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2008

Malabo is on a distinguished road
Showers etc.

There seem to be two listings for the same boat...Jade Maiden (not my choice for a name!). It is located in Oak Bay, a suburb of Victoria. I am planning to spend some time further north, often on a hook, perhaps a bit too early or late in the season for cockpit showering.

I don't live in the Victoria area, but the boat would. Hence I want something where I could use a shower on board in crap weather. I know there are references where it has been done and my brief look at the head suggests room but I don't know what was done for a sump.

I'm not yet settled on this boat, but it seems the best fit to what I want--not too big to get it out on the water and sailing quickly, likely shorthanded, yet has enough features that spending several days on board wouldn't be too cramped. 32-ish feet seems to fit and there aren't a lot of similar boats around.

RB
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-16-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice

Old 12-16-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Not sure what to tell you on the shower part. Looking at the JeanneauUSA main site, where an old brochure along with owners manual in french is available for download, does not show a factory installed shower. Nor refrigeration. I would be pretty positive that those boats with, have all been aftermarket fitted with those items. I could also be wrong........

Alex/giuletta, dispite his hate for the french, used to sail an Attalia, maybe he can mention if he remembers if it had a built in shower or refridgeration. Not getting anyone else with an attalia to say if they have or not.

The interior pics etc do look really similar to my arcadia, and for being the size they are, they are roomy! One of the things that attracted us to Amoretto. I have had to redo most of the interior, I think some pics are a few pages back, also the head and aft cabin redo's are on the "hints and tips" area of the JO site. Do watch out for the headliner issue with this era Jeanneau. Sailing mag has a good review of the boat online too, the JO site has a link to it also. I believe Boat US has a review too, I know where one is for the Arcadia, comparing the one for my boat and the sailing one for the attalia, similar issues.

I do feel you will find it to be a good boat for around here if you go this way, if you can figure out the shower and refridgeration issues.

marty
Old 12-16-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Damn..it was 1983..are you nuts?? I don't even remeber if they had sails....

I don't think it had a shower..but had a small counter top fridge..
Old 12-16-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta View Post
Damn..it was 1983..are you nuts?? I don't even remember if they had sails....
Of course I'm nuts! You have not figured that out by now!

Yes these boats do have sails on them. They are a bit faster than the old shoe! actually for there age and time, reasonably fast for there size etc. Not as fast as the current planing hull boats............I've been into the mid 8 knot range.....not bad for a 25' waterline! I would think an Attalia would be equal in the same conditions. They are IIRC about 5-10 secs a mile faster vs my Arcadia.

out to put some xmas light up in the cold! Altho not as cold as wyoming is right now I am sure of that, about -1C here in the NW where I am!

Marty
Old 12-17-2008

malabo,

If the Attalia i see on the Freedom yacht sales is any indication, that Attalia might be ArgleBargle on this sites old boat. Or the one he may have traded in etc. Worth a PM or equal to him on this site if you can get the PM part to work.

Marty
Old 12-17-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Not sure what to tell you on the shower part. Looking at the JeanneauUSA main site, where an old brochure along with owners manual in french is available for download, does not show a factory installed shower. Nor refrigeration. I would be pretty positive that those boats with, have all been aftermarket fitted with those items. I could also be wrong........

Alex/giuletta, dispite his hate for the french, used to sail an Attalia, maybe he can mention if he remembers if it had a built in shower or refridgeration. Not getting anyone else with an attalia to say if they have or not.

The interior pics etc do look really similar to my arcadia, and for being the size they are, they are roomy! One of the things that attracted us to Amoretto. I have had to redo most of the interior, I think some pics are a few pages back, also the head and aft cabin redo's are on the "hints and tips" area of the JO site. Do watch out for the headliner issue with this era Jeanneau. Sailing mag has a good review of the boat online too, the JO site has a link to it also. I believe Boat US has a review too, I know where one is for the Arcadia, comparing the one for my boat and the sailing one for the attalia, similar issues.

I do feel you will find it to be a good boat for around here if you go this way, if you can figure out the shower and refridgeration issues.

marty
Marty is just being too kind - having been on his boat its IMPRESSIVE - but Marty neither serves cocktails or takes a shower but a mighty fine boat

BTW Marty how is the new genoa system working out...?

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-17-2008

Stephane99 is on a distinguished road
Not sure what you want for a shower but my Attalia does have something of a mini shower, not that I ever used it! I have a 1986 model and the head wood floor has several holes in it, underneath there is an intake connected to my bilge manual pump. If I used the sink flexible hose, I can "shower" and manually pump out the water.
On the fridge department, my Attalia came with one that the previous owner installed. The unit was mounted in the lazarette and was busted. I bought another one and installed the new one under the sink, just beside the fridge. I have not tried it out yet since this was done just before winter haulout.

Please note that there is NO insulation in my Ice Box.

Stephane
Old 12-29-2008

RB/malabo,

Did you make a decision? Or has all the white stuff coming down around this area slow you down a bit on the decision?

marty
Old 12-30-2008

Malabo is on a distinguished road
Marty:

Between the snow (I live 250 mis. inland, where we have had quite a bit), holidays, and aspects of the boat that need consideration (25 year old raw water diesel with no evidence of any rebuilds, original sails, etc.), I am delaying my decision a bit and looking at other boats in the same category.

Rob