Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Jeanneau
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2006
s/v Taliaferro

JPCurry is on a distinguished road
Jeanneau Sun 2000 (2007)

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. Purchased a new Sun 2000 direct from Jeanneauamerica.

Have only great things to say about JA. Gilles, Danielle and Paul were great. After 5 years of me bugging them, they finally agreed to help me get this boat.

I wanted the best trailer sailer I could find. I am in the process of "tricking" it out and appreciate the chance to see what the owners of the big boats are doing. I would love to sneak in to a Rendevouz and see the looks on your faces... I have already had one owner say..."did you steal that logo on your boat?"

Last edited by JPCurry; 07-29-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-13-2007

tjdegrood is on a distinguished road
How did you order the Jeanneau 2000?

I too am new to the forum. I found your post through Google. When I learned that you had purchased a new Jeanneau 2000, I joined the forum to learn more.

I too am very interested in a Jeanneau 2000. Exactly how did you go about ordering the boat? I found the Jeanneauamerica site where the boat is shown, but when I contacted the dealer nearest me he sent me an email informing me that the smallest boat Jeanneau imports is the Sun Odyssey 36i.

Was the boat delivered directly to you or to a dealer? And, how long did delivery take once you placed your order?
Old 04-13-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Welcome to you both!
Old 04-19-2007

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
The main reason JA or dealers will not generally order smaller european boats, is the shipping cost is teh same for the most part be it a 20' trailer sailer, or the 36i, or a 50' what ever. So unfortunetly, getting a lot of the Trailer sailers that are of european/aisian/australian origin, is a tough one. Granted there are some nice rigs, but for the most part, anything about 30-32' and smaller is not going to be shpped over here to NA.

I've asked about if the local dealer is going to bring in the new SF3200, ONLY if someone buys it upfront! otherwise, shipping one for stock no in there plan.

marty
Old 04-23-2007
s/v Taliaferro

JPCurry is on a distinguished road
Hello all,

Regarding the Sun2000..I first contacted the dealers in the US and obtained information from them to document the fact they could not help me. I then contacted Jeanneauamerica and started a dialog with the President of JA - Paul Fenn.

I then set about importing the boat from Europe, I looked at many used and new boats before deciding on a new boat due to V.A.T. (Value Added Tax) issues (ask me if you need me to explain this further). I researched shipping costs and contacted a freight fowarder in the US and the UK. I even had a source to help me with the USD to Euro conversion etc.

Right before I pulled the trigger, I tried Jeanneau America once again. I think it was a combination of timing, persistance, luck and their understanding that I was not wasting their time. Paul Fenn was able to arrange the purchase of the boat direct from Jeanneau France. It was shipped to Baltimore and I drove over 4000 miles there and back. I also had a trailer custom built by Loadmaster of OH (thats a whole other story, they were also awesome.)

I placed my order in June 2006, and I the boat was built and shipped to me in Sept 2006. Everything went smooth.

I love the boat. Perhaps someone else will bring one to the US and then their will be Two?

JPCurry

Last edited by JPCurry; 07-29-2010 at 10:56 PM.