SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Cleaning or replacing upholstery covers

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  upholstery02 
#1 ·
We have a Jeanneau with cream Vinyl upholstery. As a charter boat it gets heavy use and is grubby.

I have tried baby wipes and swafega but while it gets it a bit cleaner its still grubby.

Can anyone suggest a) a better method of cleaning or cleaning product?
b) If we had the seats and backing recovered is there anything more durable than the Jeanneau supplied cream vinyl.

While not practical the cream vinyl does look nice and I believe contributes to the boat popularity with charters so I would like to keep a "light" coloured interior.

Be grateful for any suggestions.

#3 ·
Not sure about the new covers, but our 85 arcadia had cloth seat cusions, I just had them recovered with Sunbrella. They clean up real easy and nice! Dark blue with white flowers.........Told spouse I did not want to see flowers in the boat coverings.........saw this fabric........oh well!!!!

marty

#4 ·
If ALL else fails and as a last resort, try acetone and some clean soft rags, then armoral it immediately...start with the backs to see how it's going to work (it may pull the color) and what it takes for good results. I had to do this a few years ago with white vinyl covering. Worked pretty good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.