SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sailing Lake Erie

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Steve A 
#1 ·
I'm going to be sailing Lake Erie from Buffalo to points west on a Beneteau 393 Oceanis (part of a transit on the way to Bayfield, WI) leaving July 19, 2015.

The goal is to sail west as far as possible during the week, enjoying the the journey along the way and stopping at transient slips or anchorages overnight.

Any recommendations for anchorages or low cost transient slips ($1 per foot or less)? Also thinking about Canadian marinas or anchorages as well, though I'm not familiar with the border crossing particulars other than some articles I read online. (I normally sail Lake Superior).

Would love to talk to someone who sails the lake often, as well as folks who have stayed at both US and Canadian slips.

#3 ·
Thanks - the current transit team has made excellent time and it looks like we'll be taking over in Cleveland or Sandusky rather than Buffalo. So we get to sail the islands on our way up through Lake St. Clair and towards Lake Huron.

Would still enjoy chatting with folks who sail this area often. 608.764.0297.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.