Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2013

CaribDream is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilson29:1076829
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribDream View Post
Documenting our progress towards living aboard in a blog. Looking back at our ASA certification and how we decided on a school that was right for us.

The Great Island Escape: Step 2: Choosing a sailing school
Here are the meta-tags for your blog on Google:

The Great Island Escape
thegreatislandescape.blogspot.com/‎
19 hours ago - A blog about learning to sail and moving to the Caribbean islands. American Sailing Association, bareboating, sailing charters, virgin islands.

Just out of curiousity, why did you decide to put the "American Sailing Association" as one of the tags for your blog?
Let's see. I wrote a post on my blog about my process of learning to sail. After weighing different options, I chose ASA for my wife and myself. What should I use as a tag? US Sailing for which I have no experience? I am ASA 101,103,104 certified and will soon be ASA 105 certified. Others who are considering ASA might want to read about my experience in taking these courses, hence that seems like a logical search term.

What exactly are you implying?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2013

tomandchris is on a distinguished road
Re: How we chose a school

James seems to be struggling for a comeback so he is changing the topic while he thinks about it
CaribDream likes this.
Old 08-20-2013

CaribDream is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandchris:1076976
James seems to be struggling for a comeback so he is changing the topic while he thinks about it
I gotta be honest with you, I am completely confused and flabbergasted as to how I somehow ruffled feathers so drastically by discussing my own personal education choices. I'm so turned off by this whole experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-20-2013

tomandchris is on a distinguished road
Re: How we chose a school

CaribDream, this is the internet! Every forum out there has people that express their OPINIONS as fact. Then when you question them they seem to get the hair on the back of their neck up and away you go. You did nothing wrong, you will always find people who vehemently disagree with you. Deal with it.

In fact, go over to Cruisers Forum and check out the thread about the couple that are about to build their new Catamaran from a lesser known builder. They have obviously done an awful lot of research and made their decision based on that research, forum recommendations, and their dreams. Lots of know it alls are jumping in their stuff and telling them that they are nuts. His response.."Thanks for bringing that up, great informantion to consider" while at the same time explaining why they are wrong. Nice as he can be...and it is driving some of them nuts! This guy has figured it out and I applaud him for it.

Tags
asa sailing school