Go Back   SailNet Community > Skills and Seamanship > Learning to Sail
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2013
sunfish?junior?

Lou452 is on a distinguished road
Re: stabilizing the boat?

[QUOTE=jimgo;1211266]Denise, the boat in the first video is very different from the FJ, and the kids in both videos are much older than 2. I don't disagree that keeping the FJ is an option, but as a practical matter, with a 2 year old, it's not the best choice.

Looks like my FJ ? They have made the FJ for a number of years all over the world. The FJ may not look the exact same if it is 20 years new or older. The FJ is now old maybe old school ? It is not a Moth or a laser with foils just a good trainer boat.
Kids do not stay 2 forever. Time has more speed than any of us can imagine.
Good day, Lou
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-2013
sunfish?junior?

Lou452 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimgo View Post
BTW, if you decide to sell, or even to get more FJ-specific info, check out:
International Flying Junior Organisation

Denise, this is what one looks like:
Nice vintage FG at the extreme ! Sailing by what looks like some real pros A lot different than what us mortals can master Nice post !
Good day, Lou
Old 12-14-2013

fj007 is on a distinguished road

Thanks buddy, I appreciate the encouragement. I was really dissapointed for a little there thinking I had wasted a bunch of time and money (well not too much money I guess)
I am really looking forward to sailing this thing. I will try and make a few friends at jacomo and see if i cant get somebody out with me the first time or two who knows what they are doing.
Old 12-14-2013
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough

fj when you finally get er rigged and out there. Just stay in the shallows. and remember to never tie or lock the sails in place.

Old saying.. "when in doubt.. LET OUT!"
Has saved more then a few of us from getting wet. I owned my 30 footer 2 years before I was fiannlly able to "dip the rail" when solo on the boat.

I was into canoeing for many many years... getting past the fear of "going over" is really something to enjoy rather then fear. Yes, your little one is too small to be out there yet but that will come in time. You can use the racing dink as a day sailer if you reduce sail and choose your weather. Lots of floatation can make it easier to right the boat if she does go over, and the mast float is a very good idea.

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-14-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
fj when you finally get er rigged and out there. Just stay in the shallows. and remember to never tie or lock the sails in place.

Old saying.. "when in doubt.. LET OUT!"
Has saved more then a few of us from getting wet. I owned my 30 footer 2 years before I was fiannlly able to "dip the rail" when solo on the boat.

I was into canoeing for many many years... getting past the fear of "going over" is really something to enjoy rather then fear. Yes, your little one is too small to be out there yet but that will come in time. You can use the racing dink as a day sailer if you reduce sail and choose your weather. Lots of floatation can make it easier to right the boat if she does go over, and the mast float is a very good idea.
Yes, and not to sound like my father, all it takes is sleeping in one day and she will be asking for the car keys, or so it feels like! Seems like my youngest ones were just in diapers, and now we are trying to decide on colleges, think boating is expensive, try Ivy League College!
Old 12-14-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road

Hey perhaps you could rig up some outriggers and make her into a trimaran?
Old 12-15-2013
Barquito

Barquito is on a distinguished road

Don't bother with a boom vang at first. Some dingy vangs don't even have blocks (not adjustable underway).