SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Who knows about Capri 14.2s?

8K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  PBzeer 
#1 ·
Hello all. I'm the definative newbie when it comes to sailing. I've crewed on a Jet 14 a handful of times, and got to race in the Jet 14 National Regatta a few years ago in Cleveland. However, that's all the experience have.

I've recently learned of an opportunity to buy a Capri 14.2 and am trying to decide if what they are wanting for it is a reasonable price, and if it is a good boat for me to truly learn sailing and rigging on.

Is this boat an easy boat to rig (relatively speaking), and is it a good first boat for someone with very limited experience?

My understanding is that it is #1200-ish in a class that has about 4700 boats, so it's probably the oldest version of the boat. What would be a reasonable price for a boat of this age (they think it was made in 1987) with sails, a cover, and trailer?

I'm eager to learn, but not eager to put my money into something that I can't handle or that isn't worth the money.

Help me out, online sailing community, what are your thoughts? :confused::)

See less See more
#2 ·
also looking for Capri info

I just now came into a capri 16. I am brand new to sailing but find it easier than I thought. I would like to learn more about this model such as when they were made and maybe come accross an owners guide or brochure.
I'm guessing that the 14.2 is fun fast and easy to handle just like the 16.

#3 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.