Ga sailing School - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 02-07-2015 Thread Starter

Ga sailing School

Hi all,Im new here, and made a post on the introduction section.My question is about sailing schools.I signed up for school at the Dunbar sailing school on St Simons Island and will be attending next month(March) has anyone else attended this school ? Thx George.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 02-10-2015 Thread Starter

Re: Ga sailing School

Ever been to Saint simons Island ?
post #3 of 14 Old 03-18-2015 Thread Starter

Arrived at St Simons Island today.My class doesnt start until Friday,so i spent the day checking out the area.Went to the marina and wow!!! there is alot of really nice(salty) sailboats here.I am almost speechless.Nothing like this at my lake(ha ha).Met several nice people here,and was offered to help crew to St Aug Florida on a 42 footer.(who me?) I think i arr liking this new life...Newbee...George.
post #4 of 14 Old 03-19-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemci102a2 View Post
Arrived at St Simons Island today.My class doesnt start until Friday,so i spent the day checking out the area.Went to the marina and wow!!! there is alot of really nice(salty) sailboats here.I am almost speechless.Nothing like this at my lake(ha ha).Met several nice people here,and was offered to help crew to St Aug Florida on a 42 footer.(who me?) I think i arr liking this new life...Newbee...George.
We are regulars to Jekyll Island and are seriously considering on wintering at Brunswick Landing marina in the near future.

Being in the right place at the right time has helped me get on boats needing crews from the Islands back to States, especially to and from Ft. LaDida (Lauderdale)..
post #5 of 14 Old 03-19-2015 Thread Starter

I didnt know there was a Jekyll Island marina until you mentioned it(thank you) went and checked it out, and met a couple there that just arrived from R/I,they were on a Islander packett(sp).also met my next wife,she was on a Dana 24.Met alot of swarming nats there too(smile)...George.
post #6 of 14 Old 03-21-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemci102a2 View Post
Hi all,Im new here, and made a post on the introduction section.My question is about sailing schools.I signed up for school at the Dunbar sailing school on St Simons Island and will be attending next month(March) has anyone else attended this school ? Thx George.
I've known the folks at Dunbar Sails for years. They are a class act, enjoy your lessons.

Sail Fast Live Slow
36' Solaris Sunstar catamaran
post #7 of 14 Old 03-23-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSMike View Post
I've known the folks at Dunbar Sails for years. They are a class act, enjoy your lessons.
As have I. The GA coast, with its fluky winds, shallow waters, and strong currents is fantastic place to learn to sail. Enjoy, although by now, I imagine you've finished up. Hope you had a good experience!

Bill & Lisa Ballard
S/V Jo Beth
1984 Pacific Seacraft Crealock 34, Hull #16

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain
post #8 of 14 Old 03-24-2015 Thread Starter

Thx all,I did a long post about how great Steve and the school was,but lost the post because my time was expired. (im tired)ha,ha,.Mike i told Steve you said hi,and he smiled.I think i found 103,104,105,106.just waiting to see if im accepted....Thx George.
post #9 of 14 Old 03-26-2015
Sailor of Small Waters

Good to hear your evaluation. I've been thinking about doing the 101 classes with them. I'm in the Macon area, and this seems like the closest, best option for a school.

1981 Vagabond 14 "Firefly"
196(8?) Douglas & Mcleod Thistle #2694 "Old Dog"
Jack Sparrow think's I'm a Commodore

Why does everyone think my name is Clyde...?
post #10 of 14 Old 03-26-2015 Thread Starter

Clyde,Yes its a great school.You gotta go...If you want to go sailing you can come hang out with us at clarks hill lake in Augusta.I have friends with sailboats,and i have 2 in the lake ( Tanzer and a helms) the Helms im setting up as a small ICW cruiser..Starting ASA 103 and 104 on April 6 in Charleston,and living on the boat the whole time. / George

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.