Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Skills and Seamanship > Learning to Sail
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006

fatsuki is on a distinguished road
San Diego Sailing Academy

Hello! I've been skulking around this forum for a couple weeks, but haven't posted yet. Husband and I took a basic sailing class at a local lake earlier this summer, but now we want to really learn to sail. Our ultimate goal is to go cruising (haven't decided for how long, maybe forever, maybe for a year or two, maybe just for long weekends).

I saw an ad for the San Diego Sailing Academy in the ASA newsletter and was wondering if anyone here had taken classes there? It looks like they have a really good deal on Basic Keelboat, Basic Coastal Cruising and Bareboat Chartering (ASA 101, 103, and 104). All three classes in 5 days and then a 2 day bareboat charter for $2750 for two people (not per person). Any advice would be appreciated!

Jeni
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-25-2006

WaterDancer is on a distinguished road
While i'm sure the SD sailing academy is a competent org, the san diego sail club i learned thru i would highly recommend. I particularly recommend a particular captain.

i just completed my bareboat class thru harbor sailboats. i've been a member for nearly 10 yrs now. Captain Tony is a great instructor. he does the the 106 class. next trip is to either catalina or ensenada.

what drew me to them, after looking at 3 other sail clubs, was the way they kept their fleet. anyone who cares about their boats had to be serious about their business in my opinion. i've never regretted my choice.

of course, it would be nice if their pool was heated, but, what the heck, i never swim in it anyway, ha ha.

u can google harbor sailboats. tell em' Robin sent ya.... i don't get a dime for a referral, so this isn't a spam. but if you do take the class with them i'll want to know how it goes...i don't refer businesses often and i'd want to be sure you felt you got your money's worth....

i know i did.

fair winds
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook