SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Learning to Sail (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/learning-sail/)
-   -   small rooftop sailboats (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/learning-sail/2812-small-rooftop-sailboats.html)

crashtom 12-15-2001 08:43 AM

small rooftop sailboats

hello,
can anyone tell me which brand of small rooftop sailboats are good.I''ve been looking at several including the castle craft sunflower and the various models by Escape. I need something small and light to take along on camping trips and we are already pulling a trailer.
If I am on the wrong board can you please direct me to one that might specialize in very small craft?

Thanks,
Tom

DARE-Oriental 12-16-2001 05:21 AM

small rooftop sailboats

you certainly cannot go wrong with a Sunfish or a Laser

NYCSmith2K 12-17-2001 07:03 PM

small rooftop sailboats

I had a minifish as a boy. It was essentially smaller sunfish. I''m not sure if they still make them, but it was a blast!

danield515 01-07-2002 04:06 AM

small rooftop sailboats

I own and am looking to sell my Minifish due to the fact that I need to race. It is a great boat that is easily handled. AMF alcort stoped making them in the 1985 range. My boat is an 1981 and is still in good condition. For 400$ obo. any one that wants a good cartopable cruiser or just a boat for the kids, this boat I highly recomend. I am in Sarasota, Florida 941-924-8747. Good sailing!

captsuz 12-23-2008 07:33 PM

Crashtom~ "Snark" is a small sailor that sails with a Sunfish-type rig, but with a MUCH less weight hull for rooftopping. If you can, I would even look into some of the hybrid kayak-sailors for an easy camping take-along!

mrwuffles 12-23-2008 10:50 PM

hey capstuz i saw you did this on another thread....please dont revive the dead threads especially ones that are 8 years old....

knothead 12-23-2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrwuffles (Post 422221)
hey capstuz i saw you did this on another thread....please dont revive the dead threads especially ones that are 8 years old....

Could someone please explain to me what makes reviving an old thread so bad?
Many, if not most of the people who will read it this time, either didn't read it the first time around or can't remember it. Wheres the harm?

captsuz 12-24-2008 07:44 AM

excuse me, the thread police.....won't return to SAILNET FORUM...guess everyone here already knows everything!

WouldaShoulda 12-24-2008 08:09 AM

The 8 year old topic was of enough interest for me to read it!!

Archive this old stuff if you don't want it around....

Gryzio 12-24-2008 08:39 AM

I clicked to read what it was about, as I have seen some interesting things in life.

I seen a Catalina 25 with a Pilot House not long ago and knew what people with imagination could do. :eek:

I seen this and thought, "dang, now someone putting a roof on their boat!"

"I wonder if they use Cedar Shingles?" :confused: