Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Skills and Seamanship > Learning to Sail
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2007
2kt wind=trolling speed

goose327 is on a distinguished road
Without trying to offend anyone. I think most boats look too "space shippy". That's the whole reason I got this one. I know most of ya'lls boats are faster, better in heavy weather, have more room for bull dogs and ponies than mine, but I sure look good on the water.
Now, I'm not talking about tha hotrods like Giu, just the little cruisers.
To me, they all look the same, except my Venture.

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Giu - Fred's Opti probably has beefier hardware than those Mac's. We had some at the lake, including the one above. The sailors moved on, the powerboaters kept the Mac's.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-21-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
The design emphasis on the new MacGregors is definitely not on the sailing aspect of them... The gear is sadly undersized... and that causes problems for people who buy them thinking that they're proper sailboats... they're really not... they're jacks..

As in jack-of-all-trades.. master of none...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-21-2007
2kt wind=trolling speed

goose327 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolil
Know what you are talking about. I grew up with a '69 mac 26 that we would sail on woodward. Thanks for the pics of the area. Great memories!
Here's a couple pics you'll enjoy. I don't knwo where your at now, but I know you'll recognize these. There's nothin' like Springtime in the foothills.
Attached Thumbnails
Four GREAT days on the lake-tri8bc8.jpg   Four GREAT days on the lake-trif5f.jpg  

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?
Old 03-21-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by goose327
Here's a couple pics you'll enjoy. I don't knwo where your at now, but I know you'll recognize these. There's nothin' like Springtime in the foothills.
Dale,
Nice pics. Makes a bloke want to be there.

Regarding the boat, you have roller boom reefing on the main. Horrid system. Leaves way to much belly in the main. For sailing reefed (on the wind ) you need to get that sucker as flat as possible.

Cheers

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 03-21-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw
Dale,
Nice pics. Makes a bloke want to be there.

Regarding the boat, you have roller boom reefing on the main. Horrid system. Leaves way to much belly in the main. For sailing reefed (on the wind ) you need to get that sucker as flat as possible.

Cheers
Jaysus TD...look at the water....see something??? like NO WIND?????

I don't think the main belly makes a difference...

Carry on ZZ..carry on....
Old 03-21-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta
Jaysus TD...look at the water....see something??? like NO WIND?????

I don't think the main belly makes a difference...

Carry on ZZ..carry on....
Silly Portuguese person.

Even a daffy old wombat could see some evidence of a calm. Just making a point from looking at the pic. If the wind does pipe up........

Don't worry about it Dale, it's that hot latin blood. Gui's just "An Excitable Boy".

Nonetheless, do carry on .

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 03-22-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose327
Without trying to offend anyone. I think most boats look too "space shippy". That's the whole reason I got this one. I know most of ya'lls boats are faster, better in heavy weather, have more room for bull dogs and ponies than mine, but I sure look good on the water.
Now, I'm not talking about tha hotrods like Giu, just the little cruisers.
To me, they all look the same, except my Venture.
Definitely not a space ship Dale but definitely a little cruiser. This is Silver Raven, the Wombat's hole in the water.

(Don't remember if I've posted this before. If I have sorry for the clutter.)

Old 03-22-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
TDW-

Very nice boat... but is that smog or just summer time haze in the background??

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-22-2007
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog
TDW-

Very nice boat... but is that smog or just summer time haze in the background??
Pic was taken mid winter I think, so I'd guess it is the last gasps of an early morning winter mist. I took the pic early one morning on my way to visit my mother who doesn't live in Sydney and was unlikely to ever get to see the boat. As it turned out she was quite insistent and I had to drive up to her place , pick her up, bring her to Sydney, buy her lunch then take her home. Sheesh. Mothers !