Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Learning to Sail
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Yup... but Emma sails a monohull. ... and she's 31 now... but we're all getting older... Paige Railey is another rather good looking sailor, but sails mainly dinghies...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-23-2007

Guesser is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie
Guesser...if you're tired of reading you can use the ignore feature rather than engaging in sophmoric baiting which does nothing to further civility on the board.

What? No comments to the other assholes like Looking and Sailingdog? They seem to really enjoy sophomoric humor too. But I will say you've done a great job of letting the Senior Members ruin this sight for everyone else. Keep up the good work Cam.

And to Sailing Dog and Looking. Well, you know what I'm thinking, but I won't say it. I just spent the last 4 hours sailing in picture perfect conditions (rare for Seattle) and I'm in too good of a mood for this crap. My work here is done.
Old 04-23-2007

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
Well, with all the petty BS aside now, I thought it was pretty good and humorus, I can't wait to yell at my wife to pull that little thingie till it's " Hard On "
Old 04-23-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Guesser...I'm not trying to pick a fight. The one rule we DO enforce here is no personal attacks and reading the thread...you started one. I don't blame anyone...newbie or senior that reacts to one. You can stop/go or do as you please but further personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Old 04-23-2007

Guesser is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie
Guesser...I'm not trying to pick a fight. The one rule we DO enforce here is no personal attacks and reading the thread...you started one. I don't blame anyone...newbie or senior that reacts to one. You can stop/go or do as you please but further personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Personal attacks? You mean like GO **** YOURSELF!? I realize the gay bashing comments from Sailingdog and Looking were funny to you, but not to me. Feel free to delete my profile. I'm done.
Old 04-23-2007

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
See Ya!!!!!
Old 04-23-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesser
I realize the gay bashing comments from Sailingdog and Looking were funny to you, but not to me. Feel free to delete my profile. I'm done.
Exactly what comments of mine were gay bashing? I'm a bit confused by that statement, since I don't gay bash. If you're gay...nice to know... doesn't mean a damn thing to me.

I do, however, reserve the right to troll bash... which you might have mistaken for gay bashing..

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Old 04-23-2007

Boasun will become famous soon enough Boasun will become famous soon enough
Cool Learning Curve

Writing down the pacifics of new skills learned is one way to re-enforce those skills and find your mistakes.
You could consider this a good means of training... When I taught sailing while in the Navy, we had the more advance students teach what they know to the beginners. This really did made better sailors of them. For they had to explain what they knew and putting it into words strengthened their knowledge.
So his writing this sailing manual is a good thing. And now he can go back over it and correct the mistakes that have been made there. And that will re-enforce his knowledge base even more.

And that is a good thing. Have Fun.

Mark
Old 04-23-2007
Telstar 28

Boasun-

From my experience in teaching, a good teacher learns as much from his students as he teaches them. I think it is an excellent way for the OP to spend some time, but am glad he asked for advice regarding the document, before distributing it too widely.

Telstar 28
New England

Old 04-23-2007
Swabbie

Neises is on a distinguished road
Damn! Are you guys really fighting over a PDF that I refuse to read?