SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Aloha from the Big Island of hawaii,

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  denby 
#1 ·
I live out on the Big Island of hawaii, and suprisingly there is little to no sailing comunity out here. I don't know why its an amazing place for sailing, clear waters, warm and there is always some kind of wind. Granted it is kinda dangerous and a bit crazy out there at times, but so are alot of other places. I would be sooo thankful if someone out there could put my in contact with some people, I really just want to learn more.
Thank you, you all have been very helpful so far.

#3 ·
You'll probably have to spend some time on Ohau to get in much sailing there. Or get something like a Hobie Cat you can launch from a beach.

#5 ·
Hi Kate,

Always good to talk to another multihull sailor. :D Welcome to sailnet.

#7 ·
Dumby-

Ummm... learn to read... she says she has a little catamaran... in the post just prior to mine. :);)

#9 ·
No worries... ;) Even if you are a monohuller... ;)

#11 ·
Yes, some of the sad monohullers have a hard time thinking about boats that have more than one..it blows the .5 amp fuse in their brain.

The Polynesian Islanders were using multihulls to explore an area far greater than that explored by the monohulls... which mainly sailed close to shore... being scared of large open waters for the most part. :D Crossing the Atlantic was the exception that proves the rule btw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.