Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Skills and Seamanship > Learning to Sail
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
O'Day Javelin 14

One of my friends just bought a 1973 O'Day Javelin for her three kids. It looks like a great little boat to learn on, with a fractional sloop rig and swept back spreaders. Her two older children have crewed for me on my boat, and really like sailing.

I guess I'm a bad influence... But three more sailors in this world is always a good thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2008

RAGTIMEDON is on a distinguished road
Great little boat- I owned one for 10 years or so, sailed her on Lake Michigan before I moved to this damned river!

1980 Endeavour 37 sloop, currently in the Mississippi near St Louis
Old 07-24-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I sailed on one several times when I was a child, but haven't seen one in years.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Old 07-24-2008

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
One of my friends just bought a 1973 O'Day Javelin for her three kids. It looks like a great little boat to learn on, with a fractional sloop rig and swept back spreaders. Her two older children have crewed for me on my boat, and really like sailing.

I guess I'm a bad influence... But three more sailors in this world is always a good thing.

You did a good thing here dog! You Recommended a Mono hull, the kids will be grateful in years to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2008
Telstar 28

Mike-

I ever tell you what an evil bastage you are...

Telstar 28
New England

Old 07-24-2008

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Mike-

I ever tell you what an evil bastage you are...
Second time I heard that today. You were about 20 minutes behind my wife! lol
Old 07-24-2008
Telstar 28

She's a smart lady... and tell me again, why she married you??

Telstar 28
New England

Old 07-24-2008

Quote:
She's a smart lady... and tell me again, why she married you??

for my good looks and money! lol
Old 07-24-2008
Telstar 28

Did she know you were a pathological liar at the time you got married.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb2 View Post
for my good looks and money! lol

Telstar 28
New England