Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New England
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 14
Here are some things I'd recommend you have with you...
- A good rigging knife—that can be opened with one hand
- some extra food and drink
- a handheld VHF
- a handheld sight bearing compass or binoculars with a compass in them
- a good waterproof flashlight
- a digital camera
- paper charts of the local area
- a battery powered radio, preferably with weather bands
- a good first aid kit
- and an open mind
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)
If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.