That's what I always say after cancelling a lesson, which I did for this afternoon.
Bonnie is weaker, but it was really calm this morning. Lake forecast 10-15 from NE.
Radar looked sort of rainy, Small Craft Advisory posted (in lieu of Trop Storm warning earlier) but "real" wind not predicted til tonight.
Nevertheless, better safe than sorry, so it's a no-go. We're a lightweight, low-freeboard boat.
Now I'm watching the local NOAA station at New Canal, c'mon, give us bad weather, so I don't feel like an idiot if it turns out beautiful:
Ah. wind has come up to 15 gusting 20 knots, from N, so a lot of fetch, will make a stiff chop. We'd have been 40 minutes into the lesson by now. So, I feel a little better.
Weird to hope for bad weather so I won't feel "wrong". But better to be wrong on shore than wrong out on the water. Still, I'd rather be "right". So blow on, Bonnie--yeah, and rain too....;-)