SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Asymmetrical Warfare

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  carl762 
#1 ·
Another "teaching myself creative new ways to kill myself" moment, brought to you by Bubblehead:

From the foredeck:

From the cockpit:

There was about 2 kts of wind this afternoon, which made for sorry sailing, but a safe training environment. Top speed achieved was 2.1kts. One successful gybe and then returned to port.

See less See more
#2 ·
nicely done. :)

#4 ·
Looking good, BH!!:)

Nothing like a spinnaker for a great photo op.

You'll have fun with it. In some respects, they're actually easier to manage with a bit more wind -- something to look forward to.

P.S. Are those spreader lights I see, or ???

#9 ·
... I have 2 other sailing forums for quick information that have a more encouraging atmosphere, I live in Annapolis so I have access to structured education, and I've been invited to be rail meat on a few racing boats, so there's really no need for me to stay here and roll in the mud with the D & G Brigade.

My friends already know how to contact me. For those of you who have provided useful information without a shovel full of bad attitude, many thanks. To everyone else i say, fair winds and following seas.
I thought you weren't posting here any more ? ;)

Good to see you have decided to give this place another chance.

#10 ·
Nice balloon. Have yet to pull mine out of the bag yet.

Don't leave Bubblehead. I've been inspired by your postings more than once here.

Last night was my first sail on my boat. Momentous occasion for me.

New halyards were woven in on the inSanity and off we went. I actually sailed into the slip on main sail power only.

Can't wait to get out this weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.