I've got a great option for you! Join the National Yacht Club. They have a fantastic set of programs to get you on the water...
They (we) offer...
- Adult dinghy sailing (CYA Whitesail etc.)
- Adult keelboat courses (CYA)
- 4 (or 3?) days of racing per week
- Racing Crew Bank... get to sail a variety of sailboat types in races. Just come on out and jump on a boat!
- Cruising Crew Bank... Reserve your spot for you and a guest and go out with a skipper who volunteers his time and boat.
- New this year... Match racing!
- .... Regatta's, lots of youth sailing programs and more!
On top of that, there's the club-within-the-club that we call the Shark Club. There are 4 or 5 communal Shark 24's that you help maintain and can sail with another member whenever you like. Just sign out the boats and go!
Basically, it's everything you wanted above. It's crewing, it's learning, it's sailing yourself.
Check here for current membership rates National Yacht Club
and then give Samantha a call (ext. 27). Don't quote me, but I think the intoductory rates are $359/year + Shark club... $350? $250? That is ridiculously good value!
Disclosure: I am a happy member of the National Yacht Club and therefore am biased. I'd be happy to take you in and show you around. PM me.