Newbie will be on Lake Havasu for a week - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 05-12-2011 Thread Starter

Newbie will be on Lake Havasu for a week

There is probably a better place to post this, but the crew forum didn't seem appropriate. My ancient Newport 16' and I will be at Lake Havasu from (tentatively) May 19th to 24th. My fiancee has exhausted her vacation time, so I will likely be alone.

This is my fifth time taking my boat out, and though I have no trouble getting from point A to point B, the previous four outings pretty much exhaust my sailing experience. I have read a couple of sailing and maintenance books, and taught college courses in physics, so I am not totally lost, but if there happen to be any older wiser sailnetters in the area that would not mind spending a couple of hours on my boat showing me the finer points, informally appraising its condition, and offering suggestions on improvements both to my sailing and the boat, I would happily share a few a beers.

I know it will be hot. I have been living in Tucson for a while, and don't care.

Additionally, any suggestions as to which ramp to use (for cost efficiency) would be more than welcome. I will also be running my laptop off my deep cycle in the evenings to try to get some work done while I am out, and having a marina to recharge at after about three nights would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.