Looking for NJ Sailing Club - Page 2 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaverkill View Post
Thank You...I will check it out...I see you are in Morgan, I work in Woodbridge, so if you are looking for inexperienced crew member for late afternoon or evenings, let me know...Also, Gladly swap fly fishing lessons (I am a part-time fly fishing instructor and direct all schools, programs and trips for a local fly shop) for sailing experience...
That's a very interesting offer..I may take you up on. I'm assuming by your name we're talking about primarily fresh water? I used to fish the south branch of the raritan and occasionally Flatbrook..but I was never any good at it. I still have the rods and reels..need new waders..where's your shop if I may ask?

Tempest
Sabre 34
Morgan, NJ
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 08-31-2011 Thread Starter

Quote:
That's a very interesting offer..I may take you up on. I'm assuming by your name we're talking about primarily fresh water? I used to fish the south branch of the raritan and occasionally Flatbrook..but I was never any good at it. I still have the rods and reels..need new waders..where's your shop if I may ask?
I instruct/guide mostly trout fishing...But I personally fly fish for all species saltwater and freshwater. I have been fly fishing for over 30 years and have been fortunate enough to fish all over the country and abroad... I work at Shannons Fly & Tackle in Califon and live along the South Branch.

Shannons Home Page & News it is NJ's oldest fly shop... I love teaching people how to fly fish and especially enjoy to see beginners get into their first fish...It would be my pleasure to take you on the water..
post #13 of 18 Old 08-31-2011
Tartan 27' owner

A bit closer then Nyack is the SailNY - New York City's Community Sailing Association
which is based out of Weehawken, NJ.
Very affordable prices for membership. They have a fleet of Soling sailboats.
I'm not a member but thought about joining until we got our own boat.

"The cure for anything is salt water~ sweat, tears, or the sea." ~Isak Denesen

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 18 Old 08-31-2011
Tartan 27' owner

A bit closer then Nyack is the SailNY - New York City's Community Sailing Association
which is based out of Weehawken, NJ.
Very affordable prices for membership. They have a fleet of Soling sailboats.
I'm not a member but thought about joining until we got our own boat.

There is also the Raritan Yacht Club but I have no idea what membership there costs.

"The cure for anything is salt water~ sweat, tears, or the sea." ~Isak Denesen

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 18 Old 08-31-2011 Thread Starter

Thanks Caleb...SailNY does sound interesting for the price...
post #16 of 18 Old 12-15-2011

Location: Central New Jersey, sailing on the Navesink River and Sandy Hook Bay mostly.

Another party I'm late to! River Rats Sailing in Fair Haven, NJ. We have sailing lessons and a fleet of loaner boats, a Harpoon, 2 Rhoades 19s, an O'Day 19 and a couple of sunfish reasonable fees, but no club house.
Lou
post #17 of 18 Old 12-15-2011

Hi Dan,

I apologize for losing touch. I would be happy to take you out on my boat next season. I was up in Califon this fall to fish the stream and meant to stop in to the store. Boat is out of the water for the season, but let's touch base again in the spring..

Does your move to the shore mean that you're leaving Shannon's?

Tempest
Sabre 34
Morgan, NJ
post #18 of 18 Old 01-07-2012
BGS

better late than never

Monmouth boat club in Red Bank is an excellent club with reasonable prices. Monmouthboatclub.org . I took lessons there and everyone was very friendly. Cool location too, right in downtown Red Bank.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.