SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Learning to Sail (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/learning-sail/)
-   -   ASA 103 Course this weekend. Bonus/ Americas Cup in town. (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/learning-sail/80622-asa-103-course-weekend-bonus-americas-cup-town.html)

RatHatDiver 11-09-2011 07:31 PM

ASA 103 Course this weekend. Bonus/ Americas Cup in town.

Whats up Guys. Knocking out my ASA 103 this weekend so I can start renting the larger sailboats, up to 39' in my sailboat club fleet. The big bonus is we have weather this weekend/ wind,rain plus....... The AC 45s will be ripping around.
America's Cup in San Diego Harbor. Man I cant wait to get up close to those big super highteck cats.:D

MarkSF 11-09-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatHatDiver (Post 795457)
Whats up Guys. Knocking out my ASA 103 this weekend so I can start renting the larger sailboats, up to 39' in my sailboat club fleet. The big bonus is we have weather this weekend/ wind,rain plus....... The AC 45s will be ripping around.
America's Cup in San Diego Harbor. Man I cant wait to get up close to those big super highteck cats.:D

Enjoy. I had a great time doing ASA 103.

RatHatDiver 11-21-2011 12:52 PM

ASA 103 Class was a lot of fun. We got poured on all day in our little C28 on Sat. Still went threw the drills. No AC-45s sailing that day. Sun was beautiful and we sailed a Beneteau 323 all day. After another day of drills we sailed over to check out the AC-45s racing. I can tell you this. What a bunch of A-HOLES the SanDiego harbor police were to those of us out in the water. Also, I guess you call them the stay behind AC boats with the black flags. Another bunch of very rude A-HOLES. I wanted to get some pics to post up but they held all of us back of the course, had to be over a mile from the action. Professional sailors barrel racing big cats. They could of let us boaters in a couple hundred yards more and we still would have been way off the racers lines. The show was up on the docks for the tourists.

MarkSF 11-21-2011 01:09 PM

Next time you can check Notice to Mariners before you go. There may have been an official exclusion box around the race, in which case the police / USCG will enforce it rigidly, which is their job - as it is yours to stay out of the box.

RatHatDiver 11-21-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkSF (Post 799273)
Next time you can check Notice to Mariners before you go. There may have been an official exclusion box around the race, in which case the police / USCG will enforce it rigidly, which is their job - as it is yours to stay out of the box.

Completely get it. Still no excuse for the A-HOLE HP to come flying up alone side your boat, bark at you like your children when your still outside of a mile from the racers. Thats the problem with all law enforcement they think there **** dont stink when there in uniform. They could of come along side and talked to us like we were adults, that we are. Also those AC-45s are just exhibition racing to drum up interest for the big race. There off to a great start with people.:rolleyes:

sailingfool 11-21-2011 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RatHatDiver (Post 799263)
... I wanted to get some pics to post up but they held all of us back of the course, had to be over a mile from the action. ...

Sometimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time...

RatHatDiver 11-24-2011 05:08 PM

Don't get much closer than that.:)