Great Experience at Bluewater Sailing School and a Happy New Year - Page 2 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Skills and Seamanship > Learning to Sail
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013
Go Cowboys

jobberone is on a distinguished road
Re: Great Experience at Bluewater Sailing School and a Happy New Year

I just talked to them in the last few days. My wife and I have both recently had a little problem with out backs and we're in our 60s. How physically difficult is the course?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-28-2013

Poly0192 is on a distinguished road
Re: Great Experience at Bluewater Sailing School and a Happy New Year

Late review! I took 101, 103 and 104 in Nov 2012 with Blue Water, Ft Lauderdale. I have never sailed before and always wanted to learn. I will admit that I had zero experience with any type of boat other that a major cruise line! Did a lot of research on schools and Blue Water seemed to have the best reviews. As stated, this is not a vacation cruise. I had a great time because I was there to learn and expected to cook, etc. The food was quite good, (I can cook and it seemed the other students could also.) Capt. Jaye lead by example and also cooked a fine meal! Part of the instruction included meal planning for the week. (One of the things I have since learned which I like about Blue Water, is the food was purchased by Blue Water and some other schools add this expense.) Capt. Jaye worked with us and made sure we grasped the concepts and practical aspects of sailing. I do not like taking tests but I was prepared for the ASA tests. Great course and I am planning the cat course hopefully this year. NO, I do not work for Blue Water Sailing School!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
blue water sailing school , review , sailing instruction