SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Learning to Sail (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/learning-sail/)
-   -   Easy First Boat Plans (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/learning-sail/95710-easy-first-boat-plans.html)

bwalker42 01-13-2013 05:58 PM

Easy First Boat Plans
 
e-boat.net has some really neat simple beginner first boat plans to explore!
I especially like the 3 peice dinghy. berry clever

bwalker42 01-16-2013 09:14 AM

Re: Easy First Boat Plans
 
Wow! I remember when this section was hopping!

mmazour 01-16-2013 11:11 AM

Re: Easy First Boat Plans
 
I built a small sailing dinghy about 10 years ago it was a fun and satisfying project. The actual plan I used was shortend/modified version of this Georgia Jeanne. My local library has his book. You might want to see if your local library has it or can get it for you on loan.

I sailed it about three times turned around and bought an S2 7.3 then used it solely as tender and beer runner in the marina.

I plan on building an Herreshoff 12-1/2.

bwalker42 01-16-2013 12:51 PM

Re: Easy First Boat Plans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmazour (Post 976501)
I built a small sailing dinghy about 10 years ago it was a fun and satisfying project. The actual plan I used was shortend/modified version of this Georgia Jeanne. My local library has his book. You might want to see if your local library has it or can get it for you on loan.

I sailed it about three times turned around and bought an S2 7.3 then used it solely as tender and beer runner in the marina.

I plan on building an Herreshoff 12-1/2.

Thanks,
she's a beauty, the Georgia Jeanne! Sounds like you've been having fun! I will no doubt graduate up to something like that in my boat building career. I think for my first build, I'm going to go with the simpler 3 piece for now. Plus I can stick it in the trunk, kids in the back seat, and off to the water we go!!
I plan to make mine slightly larger than the plans say, and add sail design.

I thought it would make a great project for younger people, and newbies as well, as it seems simple enough. Great for boat hopping, exploring, and stores reasonably easy.
In exploring, you can use it as a picnic table too!!
Now that's what I call "all inclusive":laugher

ps love the herreshoff**
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwAQ&dur=187

blt2ski 01-17-2013 10:19 PM

Re: Easy First Boat Plans
 
I built one of THESE at 11, then this at 16. sailed both on lk washington.

marty

titustiger27 01-20-2013 11:35 PM

Re: Easy First Boat Plans
 
I know I am wrong...but it seems to me that building, cuts into doing

bwalker42 01-21-2013 07:46 AM

Re: Easy First Boat Plans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blt2ski (Post 977421)
I built one of THESE at 11, then this at 16. sailed both on lk washington.

marty

Oh Marty!!
They are suweeeet!!
They must have been so much fun to work on, and so satisfyingly fun to sail after you were finished.:thewave:


I just might change my mind.....which one to build first:D

Did you change your signature??

maccauley123 01-21-2013 10:53 AM

Re: Easy First Boat Plans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by titustiger27 (Post 978712)
I know I am wrong...but it seems to me that building, cuts into doing

Building is doing.

titustiger27 01-21-2013 11:18 AM

Re: Easy First Boat Plans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maccauley123 (Post 978836)
Building is doing.

Sorry..

I meant to me it would be work.. probably fun for others though and I understand that

blt2ski 01-21-2013 08:38 PM

Re: Easy First Boat Plans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bwalker42 (Post 978770)
Oh Marty!!
They are suweeeet!!
They must have been so much fun to work on, and so satisfyingly fun to sail after you were finished.:thewave:


I just might change my mind.....which one to build first:D

Did you change your signature??

Sold the 8' to buy sails for the 12' to my neighbor so his kids could learn to sail it, they were about 6-10 or so at the time. Then sold the 12' to buy a motor for a convertible bug I restored at 20 or so. 32 yrs later.........I still have the plans to the 8'r, neighbor never collected the sail, so that is at my house......

so no, do not need to change the sig.

Marty


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012