SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Florida Keys Schools

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ilnadi 
#1 ·
Does anybody have any experience with the sailing schools in the Florida Keys? Planning to go there this summer.
thanks

#3 ·
Sorry, I took a second look and realized that you wanted specific school info.

Offshore Sailing http://www.offshore-sailing.com/ is pretty well known. I don''t have any experiance with them, though.

I''ve done some sailing with a school called "Banana Sailing School". I''m not sure if they are around anymore.

You could try taking lessons before you go down there. I''ve found that it''s much cheaper in my area (VA) to take lessons and then go down and rent a boat.

#5 ·
first, we have ulterior motive for the keys. my sis-in-law lives in Miami, so she took care of our daughter.

we ended up going to Florida Keys Sailing. Being off-season, it was just the owner and the two of us. we had blast on a J24 first day and a Catalina 30 next two days. Fourth day we rented the Catalina 30 and went sailing, sis-in-law, baby and all.

now all we need is a boat...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.