SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Some ASA courses out of Charleston SC

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  manhattan08 
#1 ·
Hi all. Down in beautiful Charleston SC at the City Marina. We're staying on a 38 cat and really roughing it. :) The only thing I don't have is TV and I'm supposed to get that tomorrow. Clear skies, 10-15kt winds and around 65 or so yesterday on the harbor.

The admiral and I are getting schooled in ASA 101, 103, 104, 105 and 114 over the ten or 11 days we're here.

I've been out with Capt Will before at the Charleston Sailing School here and would like to give a shout out for him and his fine staff. I'll update this for those who haven't had the courses over the next week. We have a gal from DC down for a couple of the courses and another from fine Charlotte NC. Both are very nice and both bankers.

We were out in a 25 Catalina yesterday and we'll be back out today for testing. Didn't realize DST was already here but I'm up real early anyway as the Admiral gets her sleep.

We're supposed to sail a 44 Bavaria some as well as the Robertson and Caine 38 cat with a couple of overnights down near the Edisto River. Temps are supposed to get into the 70s and winds should remain 10-15kts during the day.

Hope you all have a great day and be safe while having fun.

M

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.