SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Best Sailing Instructors in SF Bay area.

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  groggy 
#1 ·
Any advise on the best sailing instructors, organizations in the SF Bay area?

#3 · (Edited)
This is a good time to look for a school/club. Many of them are having open house events where you can check out the the location, the boats you will be learning on and ultimately renting, the social scene, and the location. Strictly Sail Pacific is happening next week, so that is a good place to get a bunch of literature and a multitude of opinions. Go see these schools in person though, there is no substitute for that.

You are welcome to PM me for a recommendation of the school I went to, which I am really happy with, but I have only been to one school, so it's hard to pretend that I have much of a perspective, comparatively. I will say that I feel I have gotten a great education so far, and that there is always more to learn. I feel very confident sailing boats up to the mid 40' in almost any condition the bay will offer. Outside the bay will be the next step and I feel good about my club's classes for that. Furthermore, my club has some of the best boats available on the bay for a very competitive price, and I can say that objectively.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.