Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Hello,

I read that thread about him and was shocked. If there is any truth in it... whoa! What a nightmare!

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2007

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, grain of salt time. But, if it never happened, none of us would know why "mordida" is a common word world over.

Remember, CD, these are among the reasons why one should never confirm or deny the presence of nuclear weapons aboard one's vessel.
Old 04-25-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Is having a pebble-bed nuclear reactor on-board a reason to get your boat impounded???

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 04-25-2007

gyrfalcon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLeLu
...The owner of the property doesn't own the view. Public waterways are public property, maintaintained by public funds....If the offensive boater is violating environmental or other laws, then punish him. Taking away rights of all boat owners is not the appropriate solution.
The owner of a property doesn't own the view outside his property, but they should have a strong say in the laws that influence it. For example, someone parked a pile of junk car in front of the house I rent. I called the city and they towed it after it was left sitting for 48hrs. Public waterfronts and water ways are the same as city streets, or public parks. They're for use, but not to live on.

Quote:
der·e·lict (dr-lkt)
adj.
1. Deserted by an owner or keeper; abandoned.
2. Run-down; dilapidated.
3. Neglectful of duty or obligation; remiss. See Synonyms at negligent.
n.
1. Abandoned property, especially a ship abandoned at sea.
2. A homeless or jobless person; a vagrant.
3. Law Land left dry by a permanent recession of the water line.
[Latin drelictus, past participle of drelinquere, to abandon : d-, de- + relinquere, to leave behind; see relinquish.]

If anyone is wondering, here are some pictures of derelict boats:

Derelict Vessel Removal Program - Vessels that have completed the process - City of Bainbridge Island
Old 04-25-2007
vox clamantis in deserto

sharkbait is on a distinguished road
So,gyrfalcon ,according to your defintion,when you see a homeless man
you call the police?
Old 04-25-2007

gyrfalcon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbait
So,gyrfalcon ,according to your defintion,when you see a homeless man you call the police?
Sure, if he is pissing on the street or sleeping there...
Old 04-25-2007

roger753 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to roger753
hellosaylor
there are a couple of reasons for what happened to this guy who says he got his boat "stolen" by the autorities. 1- he had not the boat's and/or his own papers in order. remember that you must have a valid visa. 2- carrying fire arms is not allowd. neither drugs. 3-foreigners are allowd to stay for 6 months and may prorrogate it for another 6 months. one trick is to "rent" your boat to a tourism agency. this allowd the boat to stay for 4 years and may prorrogate for another 4 years. 3- the skipper must be of the same nationality of where the boat is registered. 4- there is no report of any boat been held by autorities without some thing realy wrong with it. some brazilians try to "import" boats without paying the propper taxes (very hight, 100% over the paying price) and in those cases the autorities will play very hard on you. only in this case and drugs stuff they can arrest your boat by the brazilian laws.
Old 04-25-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Well,

Some of our best friends in the world are Brazilians. Great people. Of course, that does not always mean a lot. For example, let me tell you about my experience with a particulair Portugese Sailor...

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 05-26-2007
barefoot members

roseandbear is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLeLu
Excuse me but I would just like to call "********" here. The owner of the property doesn't own the view. Public waterways are public property, maintaintained by public funds. If the waterfront land owners don't like the view - they can build a fence. They aren't entitled to assess global laws to control property they don't own.

In the case of the derrilict boat owner, that should be addressed on a case by case basis - not by institituing global anchoring laws that affect ALL boaters. If the offensive boater is violating environmental or other laws, then punish him. Taking away rights of all boat owners is not the appropriate solution.
absolutely...i liveaboard and move about and must from time to time stop for periods of months to work...i would hate to think that the only people allowed to cruise are the independently wealthy retired....and i strongly agree that there are more and more restrictions on any lifestyle that doesn't fit into the standard box....(many of the people who live in the box are very vocal about what a burden the box lifestyle is and , unfortunately, would restrict the options of those that don't choose to join them in said restricted lifestyle...) that said, i understand that the restrictions which are levied against those of us who liveaboard on a slim budget are often brought on by the complete lack of respect for others that is shown by a few...and the only fair way to deal with this is, as pointed out, on a case by case basis...
Old 05-27-2007

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
But a case by case basis gets into discrimination. One mans derilict is another mans castle. So the authorities use an even hand and ban everybody. The few rotten apples spoiled the bunch.
As for building a fence, most municipalities have ordinances against building privacy fences near the water. In my city that includes hedges or anything that blocks the view of the bay.

Homeless persons was mentioned. If the homeless person keeps moving then there's no issue. If the homeless person sets up a tent in the right of way by the curb, hes out of there in a split second. There are plenty of homeless shelters he can use.
That's the way it is in crowded urban areas, deal with it.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.