SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Living Aboard (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/living-aboard/)
-   -   Looking for Authors (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/living-aboard/11200-looking-authors.html)

socaleditor 01-31-2005 12:14 PM

Looking for Authors

We are looking for good authors that have sailing stories they would like to see published. We would really like to see some good liveaboard stories or transition to liveaboard tales.

Any type of story will be considered. Please submit samples to this email address or contact me for more information.

svindigo 01-31-2005 02:09 PM

Looking for Authors

Contact you how?

FalconEddie 02-06-2005 05:33 AM

Looking for Authors

Tell me more of what''s on your mind. As an author, I''m a little shy of giving up any rights to any of my writing. What are you going to do with these submissions? Is it your intention to make money? If so, what percentage would be mine should the project take off? Are you affiliated with Liveaboard Magazine? I need a little more information before I send anything. Besides, maybe my writing stinks or I really live in a dumpster in Denver.

socaleditor 02-06-2005 04:51 PM

Looking for Authors

I can be reached at editor@socalsailing.com, sorry for the problems I thought I selected the show email option.

As long as your dumpster floats and has a sail or two....

Katmantoo 02-10-2005 09:47 AM

Looking for Authors

Regarding your call for manuscripts, may I receive details on length to give me an idea what might be appropriate?

Thanks very much,
Charlotte

Seagypsywoman 01-30-2006 10:42 AM

Looking for Authors

SocalEditor. I don''t know if you''re still looking, but if you take a look at some of my stories here: www.seagypsysailing.com/guide.html you''re welcome to contact me regarding rights to republish.

sailortonyb1 01-31-2006 05:17 PM

Looking for Authors

I would think that someone soliciting articles for an unknown publication with a website (www.socalsailing.com) that cannot be found would at least offer some additional information.

davidiz 02-13-2006 09:20 PM

Page won't display

www.socalsailing.com shows an error, is there another site?

AlainPOIRAUD 03-28-2006 12:46 AM

Multiply your earning by two...

If you already are a good author, if you have published a very sucessful book.. Why not translate it in other foreign languages and open a much wider market??

For more info, please contact me on: seawolfrench@yahoo.com

see you soon..

Mkfcdl 05-07-2006 09:36 PM

Divide by 2

The reason most authors other than technical writers don't jump at translating is that the nuance of the writing is often lost in the translation. Between idioms and confusing words, most craftsmen (or craftswomen, please forgive) of the written word find their best skills in their native tongue. And the subsequent translation attempts seem to do no more than infuriate the editor, alienate the writer, and confound the reader. The old adage of write what you know not only applies to the subject but probably also the language.

Cheers,
Mark