Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2006
Lady Pirate

Pirate's Booty is on a distinguished road
Cool Only 2 Days!!!

So, I just spoke to the current owner of my boat and here is the good news - I move on board this Sunday!
I am walking on air - also, my loan funds today and I found full coverage insurance yesterday after being turned down by several companies.

I can't wait! If any one has tips for an easy transition from the land to the ocean, now is the time!

Thanks for all the great advice so far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pirate' s Booty
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-16-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Yay! Did you get a chance to look at the Good Old Boat magazine article on the greenhouse??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 06-19-2006
Lady Pirate

Greenhouse Search

Hi, I looked at their website, but I could not find the article - it may have been a glitch with my computer because after the main page, I couldn't get any other links to come up right. I will try it again today, but if you have the link to the article itself, I would appreciate it (or you could copy and email it to me).

Also, everything went great this weekend and I enjoyed a sunny picnic lunch with my family on the top deck after moving the first load of my stuff onboard yesterday!

Life is good on the water

Pirate' s Booty
Old 06-19-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I don't believe the article is online yet, as it is in the current issue of the magazine IIRC. I think you'd be better off trying to get a hold of the current issue. Barnes & Noble sells the magazine in most places.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Old 06-20-2006
Lady Pirate

Great - I will look for it today. thanks!

Pirate' s Booty
Old 06-20-2006

Surfesq is on a distinguished road
I have a crazy question. I was watching Master and Commander last night I saw the cook pull a few eggs out of an ondeck chicken coop. I have the deckspace for such a venture. Any thoughts on feasibility? How awesome to have fresh eggs daily!
Old 06-20-2006
Telstar 28

surfesq-

are you willing to carry the grain to feed said chickens, and to shovel the chicken sh!t that they produce on a daily basis??? LOL, didn't think so. Besides, with the Avian Flu running around, do you really want to have birds on your boat?

Telstar 28
New England

Old 06-20-2006

Surfesq is on a distinguished road
That is probably true. But if you get sick of them you can fry them up!
Old 06-20-2006
Lady Pirate

Welcome Aboard Chicks!

Hey, Surfsq - I think it would be hilarious to have some chicks on board (feathered or otherwise ).

I don't think it would be that much trouble - a friend of mine raises them and they eat just about any kind of scrap that you would give a dog (sadly, they will eat eggs and chicken bones, we tried that once and it was scary).

You could just start with one or two and if it is a hassle - just heat up the oil and have some tasty fried chicken.

I think the fresh eggs are wonderful, personally, they have a pretty color (often light blue or beige) and they are more flavorful as well.

Best of luck, let me know if you try it out!

Pirate' s Booty
Old 06-20-2006
Telstar 28

True, but then what do you do with the raw grain and the chicken coop???

Telstar 28
New England