Rawson30 Bluewater move it away from NJ to Bermuda or Carrib. and use up to 3 months - Page 2 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2006
Catalina 38 Avantura

duffer1960 is on a distinguished road
Hey everyone, take a chill pill!

I've also posted the same thing in several different different forums at the same time just to make sure I reached as many people as possible that may have an answer to my question. And a lot of times, I also received the same reply on each post in each different forum from the same person. No on accused me of spamming because I posted all over the place. BTW, I also posted the same thing from the forums on different e-mail lists hoping to get as much info as possible (cut-and-paste is a great tool!).
As for the documentation issue, yes I would make sure all is in order before using someone elses boat. That's a given. It really wouldn't be that hard to verify would it?
Catalina 38, Hull #112
"AVANTURA"
Lake Erie
Grosse Ile, Michigan
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-24-2006

JohnysRawson30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Paperwork is OK, if you dont believe, ask! And I put it to all forums which topic is compatible with what I need to manage. I imagine that some very remote people who are really able to do long distance cruising or have interrest for such type of life ( because can offer that old ugly , but strong and reliably boat for longer time to use as reward) have somewhere maybe slow and not reliable connection by HF radio or packet radio and really cannot browse many forums. Maybe load once the texts nad it takes lot of time and energy for them. So simply I tryed to make it better accesible.
Old 06-24-2006

fierystar is on a distinguished road
johnnysrawson30

This site has people who TRUELY love boats and the sea. They are more than willing to help when they can. You say "Marina is mad to you" Well so am I.
Old 06-27-2006

Marina

BEFORE I purchased boat thru Ebay, owner said, there will b eno storage fee or just symbolical, because marina owner is his cousin. And the boat is not in marina, but on his backyard. So he told me something like that it is against the law to charge money for it and in full. But after purchase, after 5 months I simply got a demand for 500usd for 5 months. And be sure that if got a visa, I would take the boat awaz in few days after purchase. But your country consider anyone incoming as immigrant ,so no visa for me, because of little medical pension. I didnt have a clue about that, I made businnes to your country and they simply sockinig more and more money fro sick poor pensioner. Here in Europe such boat costs 4 times more money, because Europe is no freedom in outdoor acessory, boats,4x4,old sporting airplanes, everything here is very expensive and considered as luxury thing. Or every countrz or place has something stupid in rules. And what want sick and poor pensioner, have nothing with ALL THAT AT ALL, just my old "bulletproof" sailboat and tranquility far away from ANY system! And instead of that,must apply for a loan, which is complicated if pension is on living minimum, to cover what I owe. And still have nobody to move it.
Old 07-25-2006

WaterDancer is on a distinguished road
While I can appreciate your frustration, YOU bought the boat. YOU rented the slip.

Using insulting words, such as "stupid" and "idiots", not to mention, the "I don't care" isn't going to make you any business associates, never mind friends.

Perhaps you can rent a mooring for it. It's alot less money.

just one idiot's opinion.
Old 07-25-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
First, is the boat properly documented/registered, and have all the taxes been paid on it?

Will the persons using the boat be responsible for paying for any fees or costs of using the boat
, since it appears that you want to have them sail the boat to a destination in exchange for use of the boat, but not pay them at all.

Is the boat ready to go, or does work have to be done on it to make it seaworthy?

Is the boat insured? If so, is the "crew" that transports it covered by the insurance, or will they be liable for any damage caused by the boat and or gear failure on the boat?

AFAICT, this still seems pretty fishy, especially as you've started spamming other threads with posts about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 07-25-2006
Lady Pirate

Pirate's Booty is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Hi Dude...

Check out the thread about a "fan" on a boat - if you let that guy use your boat for experiments - you might just have a taker.

Is it just me - or would that be a match made in heaven?

Also, dude! I knew nothing about boats when I looked for mine, but through a lot of thorough research and asking a lot of questions - did not get taken for a big ride like you (and I am just a "young chick who doesn't even sail")!

I have this bridge I'd like you to take a look at when you get a chance

Pirate' s Booty
Old 07-25-2006

THe registration expires, so nothing is paid, its on backyard of marina owner. Old boat to take away from USA and register somewhere in carribean, there are countries where you can do cheap and without problems. DO YOU know somebody to move her?
Old 07-25-2006
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Obviously Johny doesn't understand the legalities of boat ownership or immigration laws. The boat can't be documented in the US because he is not a US citizen. The boat may, for all he knows, be unfit for launch since he's never actually seen it he's just been taking the word of some guy on eBay.

I think we all know what a boat of that value usually is in the US...a derelict in the making. (Sorry, Johny, that's being blunt and candid.) Johny, you won't find a US sailor who wants to get involved because you haven't done YOUR part of the prep work. We're not lazy--we're just not willing to spend thousands of dollars working on a derelict and someone else's dreams.

I can't imagine anyone who can safely sail a boat offshore, who would take on a project of this magnitude with a partner (Johny) that had absolutely no grasp on the legalities involved.

I know, you just want a simple boat to go live on someplace. Well, once you start to involve multiple nations and multiple laws, which you have done by buying a boat overseas, it ain't so simple. I'd suggest you fly into Canada, where they let anyone in, then sneak across the border into NY and hitch down to NJ, all for free. Then you can "just" launch the boat and go live on it, the way you plan.

Other than that--you're not going to get anything. For all you know, the "owner" and his "relative" are working a scam where they repeatedly sell a boat and then repossess it with yard liens. I'm not saying they are doing that, but it sure is possible.

No one here is going to get involved in this project, Johny. Anyone who has the skills to launch that boat, is going to expect to be paid for their work.
Old 07-25-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
So, basically, Johnny doesn't have the boat registered or documented.....isn't willing to pay the fees that are required to get the boat out of the marina, and the boat isn't seaworthy...but you still want someone to volunteer to prep the boat, get it seaworthy and then sail it ILLEGALLY, to out of the country. Yeah, RIGHT.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.