Rawson30 Bluewater move it away from NJ to Bermuda or Carrib. and use up to 3 months - Page 4 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2006

JohnysRawson30 is an unknown quantity at this point
To more places put the advertise, more people will read it and chance to find somebody to move the boat is bigger. I also put many advertises to boats magazines in Europe and every cost me from 10-50 Euro (12-60usd), this is for free. Thats the advantage. Many people had interrest, but they didnt want old ugly boat in need of little work. They had almost short time as vacation. You cant imagine how much that boat and everything already cost me. Time, money, nerves. And all due stupid rules, due which I CANNOT just purchase the ticket and go for boat. As somebody wrote. ANYONE incoming to usa is potential immigrant. Thats the law of your country. I sold the flat in my poor East european country, when got retirement. To have money for something, what you can have from 2-3 months salary. I must spare it for ALL THE LIFE. And even everything is endangered. So thats the "justice" in the world, which rich people and even healthy cant understand. THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 07-27-2006

awayocean is on a distinguished road
Just few words from one immigrant from eastern European country-
Sir, it is not about the “stupid rules”, it really boils down to following the law, to do it on the legal way. According to this same “stupid rules” you need to have proper documents and insurance for the vessel. You know this, we know this as well. You are hoping to find somebody to help you move your boat, help yourself first, sell the boat, go to Turkey and buy boat there. Prices are the same, boats are the same, getting Turkish visa is not a problem if you need one at all.

Captain N. Alexandrov
Professional delivery captain born and raised in Eastern Europe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-27-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Just for yucks and giggles, I went to the website that JR3 has posted in several of his messages about the boat Windsong. The boat, from the photos on the website is a near derelict... the cabin sole looks like it was drowned, rotted and then torn up. I think it would take a fair amount of work, not a little work to get the boat in bluewater passagemaking shape.

One other thing I noticed—according to the website, the boat is still for sale. If JR3 has really bought the boat, why does the website say it is still for sale for $4800.

The boat appears to be in pretty tragic shape... if you don't believe me, go look at the photos on the webiste: http://www.geocities.com/dak6/galley.html or http://www.geocities.com/dak6/aft.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 08-09-2006

JohnysRawson30 is an unknown quantity at this point
I already paid, what I owed to marina for place, 1400usd. So the boat is ready for proper person ,who has interrest. Is on land, so just put it to water , repair what you would consider as needed and go. Thanks. Jan.
And please do not write that blablabla i need a man who want to sail and use that boat. Not a writer of....
Old 08-09-2006

MoontideC30 is on a distinguished road
Why dont you sail it to Bermuda yourself? Or maybe donate it to a good cause?
Old 08-09-2006
ASA and PSIA Instructor

sailingfool will become famous soon enough
This is new version of the Nigerian internet bank account scam.

I queried the USCG documentation records and couldn't find any such Windsong.

Should some foolish reader respond affirmatively to this tread, the next step is JohnysRawson30 will suddenly need cash "just $500 to release new lien, then you can visit boat...".

If any readers agree, join me in reporting Johny... as a bad post (see icon in upper right corner) and Sailnet will make him go away...

We can hope.
Old 08-09-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I've done that...especially given that he's been constantly spamming this message in other threads...but the admins have done nothing. So, everytime he posts, I write a message pointing out the flaws in his idea..

To quote from another thread:

Quote:
So, you're expecting whoever uses the boat to put money into a boat that they don't own to repair it. Yeah, right... dream on...you're seriously deluded if you think you're going to get any one skilled enough to take on this project.

Any sailors skilled and knowledgeable enough to be capable of repairing the boat and getting it ready for bluewater is going to stay a long way away from this.

To recap:

You expect the person that will be moving the boat for you to do it for free.

You expect the person to pay for the repairs necessary to make the boat ready for bluewater passages.

You expect that they will handle all the paperwork involved in moving a yatch owned by a foreign national, from the United States, to a foreign country.

And you expect that they will do this merely for the pleasure of using a beatup, and very questionable quality boat that they have no equity interest in, for no compensation.

Yeah, right... good luck with that.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Old 08-10-2006
Dyslexic, Not Daft !

jorjo is on a distinguished road
Johnny, You do realise that you have pretty much told the entire internet where to find an Virtually FREE boat that they can take away without too many questions being asked?

Tiz probably for the best, A POOR SICK PENSIONER really dosnt need to be bogged down with all those problems anyways.

As for the mariena owner being Angry at you... Don't worry about it. He knew what he was getting into when he did a deal with a guy half a world away.

but !

If you need money. Heres a guy who emailed me today who may be able to help you !

Quote:
Please, kindly take your time to understand the content of this email. I wish to accost you with a request that would be of immense benefit to both of us. Being an executor of wills, it is possible that we may be tempted to make fortune out of our client's situations, when we cannot help it, or left with no better option. The issue I am presenting to you is a case of my client who willed a fortune to his next-of-kin. It was most unfortunate that he and his next-of-kin died on the same day in an assassination attempt. I am now faced with indecision about who to pass the fortune to. According to the English law, the fortune is supposed to be bequeathed to the government. However, I don't belong to that school of thought which proposes that the fortune of unlucky people be given to the government.

Deep inside of me I would have preferred to bequeath this money to the less privileged. However, it is not possible because there is no way I can secure the collaboration of such persons. Though the less privileged were considered in my client's will, I still believe this money would better their lives more than what was bequeathed to them.

My purpose of contacting you is to seek your acting as the beneficiary of the will, and lay claim the legacy of Ł12.48million, which this unfortunate client of mine bequeathed to his next-of-kin. For now, I alone know about his will, as my client has great confidence in me. Everything will be left between you and I. The share would be 25% for you and 75% for me. I still want to take care of the needy and less privileged. All I have to do is amend the will to make you the beneficiary to the Ł12.48million legacy.

Again, I feel that you may be apprehensive and consider this amount too big for you to defend. It does not matter, as there are documents to back it up. This is a legacy being passed on to a next-of-kin.

As I am not very sure of getting your consent on the issue I prefer not to divulge my full identity so as not to risk being disbarred. The English Bar considers it a breach of the oath of the English Bar. I need not emphasize to you that the sensitivity of this issue need not be toyed with by neglecting its confidentiality. I therefore appeal to you not discuss this request with anybody, even if you decline my request.

Until I am sure of your consent and full cooperation, I would prefer that we maintain correspondence by email. At this point I want to assure you that your true consent, full cooperation and confidentiality are all that are required for us to take full advantage of this opportunity.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Below is an alternative e-mail to reach me.

Yours truly,

John Bartlet

The information contained in this electronic message is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you are not sure that your are the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender for confirmation or simply destroy it, as unauthorized use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited. Please accept apology for any inconvenience caused by this email
Old 08-10-2006
Telstar 28

ROFL, but you forgot the most important part... the e-mail address of John Bartlett.

Telstar 28
New England

Old 08-10-2006

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
do a display of full header information

on the email, get the "originating IP" address, that'll give you where the twit is, unless he's using an "anon" remailer. Even if he is, fire off an email to "Abuse@whateverISPshowsup.com", along with a copy of the email, it'll get that tcp-ip addy banned from sending any more.

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.